What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help!!!

A

Anonymous

Hi ladies as gents!

As most people on the part of the forum, I'm looking to buy!
Been to a few garages but I'm so stuck between black and white!

A few quick questions. I'm 22, 0 ncb but 4 years driving without claims. I've had a quote from direct like for £980 annually, is this a good deal?!

Also, what have your finance deals been like? I was hoping on around £250pm after trading i. My 55 1.2 Clio plus £1000 cash!

Ta!

A

Anonymous

No chance to get £250 a month payment on new a rcz even over 5 year's best try to get a 2 year old used rcz this will be cheaper to insure and also it may bring the payments down to around the
300 pound mark or sell your car and lease a rcz new for around the £360 mark over 2 / 3 years

A

Anonymous

Hmm, I'm not sure it would be much cheaper to insure. After all, they take into account things like how well you're likely to look after the vehicle I believe.

Peugeot were offering a £269 a month for a bog standard entry level Sport (but no one wants one of those really RCZ1 ;)). I'm not sure if they will still do that for the facelift or not.

If you have 4 years without claims how do you have no NCB?

I'm 23 and with 4 years NCB my insurance was around the £600 mark, so what you were quoted doesn't seem unreasonable but be sure to shop around.

Just don't take Peugeot Insurance up on their quote. :p I had to run one through for my 7 day driveaway insurance and it came out to just over £1600.

My favourite part of that was this:

"So, Sir, shall we go ahead and process that quote for you?"
"No thank you."
"Oh, is there any particular reason?"
"The price you quoted for me is extortionate."
"Have you had a better offer elsewhere then?"
"Yes. £600(ish)."
"Oh I see. That's quite a bit less isn't it."
"Yes. Yes, it is."

I can't fault him on the politeness but I'm not paying 3x the price and double the excess if I were to crash.

A

Anonymous

If you have been driving for 4 years with no claims then you will have 4 years no claims bonus unless you were driving under someone else's policy. It may not be a protected ncb but you will certainly have them. Just make sure you still have the details of your previous policy. Shop around and see what there is. With the addition of 4 years no claims you should see a difference to the quoted prices.

I agree with Jassy, you really are probably best to look for a used RCZ to bring the cost in to what you are looking to spend. You'll also get more bang for your buck that way!

A

Anonymous

Bought my 61 reg GT 200 nearly 4 months ago now. I put down 6.5k deposit and paying £290 a month, I got it to that from £345. This is over 5 years but at the end of those 5 years I will owe nothing on the car, no final balloon payment. Hope this is useful info.

RCZ1

Reaction score
JWT - I will ignore your statement about the Sport being bog standard :eusa-whistle: :D

Back on topic - it does rather sound like the OP would be better off with a used RCZ therefore bringing down his payments as he really is unlikely to get a new one at the price that he wants.

A

Anonymous

Cheers guys! In regards to the 4ncb i was driving under my dads insurance as a named driver so couldnt build up my ncb.
I've found a cheeky 200bhp GT for just under £16k with 11k miles on the clock which is an absolute bargain i think!!

http://i48.tinypic.com/2qlga6r.jpg

I'm off up to the garage so I'll let you know the outcome!

A

Anonymous

I endorse your reply RCZ1, my THP200 sport has everything that I could want or need!

A

Anonymous

The car in the link looks very good with xenons and mercury grey is a very nice colour but remember the 200 will more expensive to insure

A

Anonymous

Yup, it looks good but I think you may want to get some insurance quotes together before proceeding!

ksb

Reaction score
Jassy's original reply is spot on.

Personally I traded an '08 308 sport for my new, pretty bog standard 'sport' (I didn't want leather seats </shortstory>), and got it on passport, 6000 miles a year (I really don't drive much), that came out at 338/month. So 250ish seems a bit of a pipe dream on a new car. Some good 2nd hand deals to be had though for sure!

As for insurance, I'm 38, full NCB, with direct line this came out at 400/year (RG postcode), so I think your quote isn't bad tbh.

But keep at it, make the dealer work for their money and they'll find you something.

A

Anonymous

Snowy87 said:
jonashton said:
Hi ladies as gents!

As most people on the part of the forum, I'm looking to buy!
Been to a few garages but I'm so stuck between black and white!

A few quick questions. I'm 22, 0 ncb but 4 years driving without claims. I've had a quote from direct like for £980 annually, is this a good deal?!

Also, what have your finance deals been like? I was hoping on around £250pm after trading i. My 55 1.2 Clio plus £1000 cash!

Ta!

Hi jonashton :wave:

Have you tried Adrian Flux for your insurance quote, they promise to give RCZ owners a good deal. Dont forget to tell them you got their details from the forum :thumbup:

Good Luck.

:beer: Ken
I tried Adrian Flux, also tried A-Plan and RCIB, all were quoting me over £2k, managed to get a quote off Direct Line for £980 anually!

A

Anonymous

So i've done it!
Went to St Peters Peugeot and Worcester and got a cheeky deal on this little number..

http://i46.tinypic.com/4t4z2v.jpg

60 plate 200bhp GT, £16995. Managed to get a really good finance deal for £257pm after trading in my Clio and insurance for £90pm so i'm more than happy!!!

I'm finally one of you guys! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Good to see someone who knows what they want and who doesn't settle until they get it. Enjoy the car, the ownership experience and the forum! :thumbup: