What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help please!

A

Anonymous

Just started my 2012, 156 rcz and within 10 seconds a message "Engine temperature fault, Stop the vehicle" has appeared. The temp gauge has gone off the scale and the fan is working overtime. I have checked the coolant level, all fine. I live about 8 miles away from my dealer and don't know whether it would be wise to drive the car to them. I'm gutted, only had it less than 2 weeks!
Has anyone else experienced this as I have seen mention of it on the forum?

A

Anonymous

Sounds like the common engine temp sensor fault. Had it several times myself and drove it until fixed as Pug down here can sometimes be rather busy, wonder why. Get it booked in and it will be sorted under warranty.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Thanks chuzzbutt. Apart from the noisey fan the engine sounds ok and is running smoothly and I can't see it was running long enough for it to be too hot, got to be a sensor surely.

A

Anonymous

Does your temp gauge go back to normal after a second or so?

A

Anonymous

Even if you know the engine is definitely cold?

A

Anonymous

When my temp sensor went, every time it went back to normal readings so I'd say in your case bud, ring the dealer and see what they say. If they're on the ball then they should know about the sensor fault but I do say "should". As you're under warranty then all will be sorted.

A

Anonymous

Interesting to know young lady