What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help/opinions on choosing my RCZ

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Good morning all you lucky RZC owners. I'm sure that you are all still beaming from ear to ear and I can't wait to officially join the club!!
As you can see from the subject title, I am in the early stages of choosing which model RCZ to opt for but all the dealers in my area only seem to have the GT model on show (VERY CUNNING) so I would very much appreciated your input on the following questions:
1) What does the dashboard on the Sport version look like and how does it compare in appearance to the "Leather" clad dashboard?
2) How much difference is there between the two petrol versions? I am not a boy racer but would like feel a little power behind the wheel! Again the dealerships only have the 200 BHP version available to test drive.
3) How do the 18" alloys compare in appearance to the 19" alloys - do they look considerably smaller on the car?
4) Which is the darker of the two 18" alloys - Dark Grey or Spirit Grey?
I have looked at the website/brochure and members photographs on this forum but it is very difficult to tell from pictures.
I very much look forward to your valued replies.

Thank you.

A

Anonymous

1). The Sport has the fake leather dash. Looks pretty good but quite a hard plastic feel. Main differences between the Sport and the GT is the cloth/manual seats rather than leather/electric/memory seats, the rain/light sensors (but honestly who cares) and a better selection on the options. Apparently the dipping mirrors is the GT only but reading how it works I may have tested it wrong.
2). Not tried the 200HP. The 156 has plenty of power but perhaps a slight criticism is that it's slightly sluggish in lower revs (NB - this is compared to good cars, it'll still leave most things standing). Of course, it'll underperform on a track but unless you're a performance driver you'll have enough. It's fully responsive up to about 105mph after which the engine starts to pull.
3). They still look pretty big. Not seen anything about availability/replacement tyre costs
4). Don't know.

A

Anonymous

I have the 'basic' sport model, having viewed the GT and done the test drive in the high spec diesel. I thought I might regret not getting all the extras, but didn't choose the GT mainly because auto lights/wipers would really annoy me (having experienced them on my OHs Audi).....so far haven't regretted. The only things I'd change is to have rear screen wipers and more boot space....and none of the options have those!

1 - the Sport dash looks good, so had no urge to get the leather. Same with seats.

2 - have only driven the 'faster' version in the diesel and find my 156 petrol a bit nippier. It was still raring to go at 112mph when I lost my nerve (shortly before acquiring a speeding ticket at 87, but that's a different thread...!).

3 - mine are 18" - and everyone who's looked at the car has commented on how big they look

4 - don't know either

Happy hunting!

Mari

A

Anonymous

Hi Harwood and welcome to the forum :wave: . I'm still a lady in waiting so I can't really answer too many of your questions. I've opted for simple rather than integral leather because the PVC dash looks awesome without the need to splash out the extra spondulicks! As for the engine size it depends on what you're changing from. My current car is a 2.0L but with less horsepower so the 156GT I took the test drive in felt REALLY lively and enough for me. After all, how often will we get to exceed 70mph legally??? :lol: I believe there is also a saving (don't know how much but was told there WAS) in the 156 against the 200 when it comes to both insurance and tax. Always handy to save for when you need to fork out for a new tyre!
I hope one way or another you become an RCZ owner and will be as happy as everyone else. :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Harwood :greetings-wavingblue:

In answer to some of your questions please see below:

HARWOOD said:
1) What does the dashboard on the Sport version look like and how does it compare in appearance to the "Leather" clad dashboard?

The fake leather dash on the Sport looks great - so much so that I was intending to have my dash retrimmed in leather when I had my seats done but having taken delivery of my RCZ yesterday, I've decided not to do the dash as its difficult to tell that its not leather :!:

2) How much difference is there between the two petrol versions? I am not a boy racer but would like feel a little power behind the wheel! Again the dealerships only have the 200 BHP version available to test drive.
I have the 156 RCZ and find that there is more then enough power for my needs. I'm not a boy racer (or girl racer come to that !) but on a 40 odd mile trip to York today, there was ample power, even in low revs to overtake quickly and safely.

3) How do the 18" alloys compare in appearance to the 19" alloys - do they look considerably smaller on the car?
I think the 18" alloys fill the space just as well as the 19" alloys and you will probably find that the ride is a little more smoother than on 19" tyres too!

4) Which is the darker of the two 18" alloys - Dark Grey or Spirit Grey?
Again I can't really answer this question either but my alloys are supposed to be the plain 18" Original alloys but they do look silver / grey - not too dark though (as I'm not too keen on very dark wheels).

Thank you.

As someone else has also said, you will get cheaper insurance with the Sport and the tyres will be slightly less on the 18" too.
Hope this helps :thumbup:

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Thanks ladies & gents. I very much appreciate all of your comments.
So far it looks as though I may not need to spend as much as I thought!!!
I will keep you updated if I may with my final choice?
Take care all!

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

I am also a lady in waiting! We handed our requirements over to B in the showroom, and took her advice. She was, as always, a mix of little luxuries and good solid common sense. This is why we go back to her for car after car - B doesn't try to hoodwink us into nonsense. She knows what we want, knows what we'll pay for, and never oversteps the mark. Incredible salesperson!!!
Impatiently waiting! Build day was 10.10.10 - how marketing-people is that!!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
HARWOOD said:
Thanks ladies & gents. I very much appreciate all of your comments.
So far it looks as though I may not need to spend as much as I thought!!!
I will keep you updated if I may with my final choice?
Take care all!

Cheers.

Of course Harwood. I'm sure we would all be interested in your final choice. Good luck with making your mind up :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi Harwood and welcome to the forum. I agree with all the above comments and don't have an answer to your 4th one. Hope you make your decision soon and go for RCZ you won't regret it.
Keep us informed of your decision.

A

Anonymous

yes theres no need to go mad with options as theres no bottom of the range rubbish model like with most other cars :dance:
although I still went slightly mad with the options :lol: typical me :lol:

as for the 18 inch alloys my dealer had one with them and they looked nice definately not too small anyway

A

Anonymous

The only option I would have taken anyway was the visibility pack - Xenon headlamps are better. I have a tomtom satnav and if I want to watch DVDs or listen to high-quality music I'll do so on the HD/Blu-Ray/THX surround system in the flat.

FGRob

Reaction score
Hi and welcome.

Have you tried other dealers to see if they have a sport you can look at, it's better to see it in the flesh then you know what to expect.

I've got a 156 GT, in terms of value for money it's top notch and well worth the extra charged, but then again the sport is also good value for money for the type of vehicle the RCZ is, at the end of the day it's what you can afford and feel comfortable with that counts, it's a bit like colour choice some like dark cars others like lighter colours, at the end of the day it's what you want that counts. So get your self a 156 GT in Charcoal :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

I've driven a diesel with both 18" and 19" wheels. I really like the look of my 19's, but they do make the ride a bit harsher in my opinion.

As far as the dash goes, as standard it's not leather on the GT (it looks like leather, but is synthetic - as others have noted on the forum, even some dealers have been confused - mine too!!). You can upgrade to leather on the dash on the GT for £515, but I didn't bother.

Can't comment too much on the sport as I've not seen one in the flesh. You don't miss out too much as you still get the looks and the choice of engines - however, I still think the GT is good value (considering you get leather, bigger wheels, plus lots of extra toys).

A

Anonymous

Main Option to purchase - The Smaller Steering Wheel is a must (believe it comes with a shorter gear shift as well).

Whichever Model you get, the smaller steering wheel will be a best buy.

(I didn't and the standard steering wheel is BIG).

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
Main Option to purchase - The Smaller Steering Wheel is a must (believe it comes with a shorter gear shift as well).

Whichever Model you get, the smaller steering wheel will be a best buy.

(I didn't and the standard steering wheel is BIG).
An interesting POV because I must say, as a small woman, I didn't have a problem with the standard wheel/gear stick on the demo model but it's a personal choice thing. If you're really into sporty versions for everything then by all means fork out the extra £300+ for the sports pack but if budget's an option I don't think it's necessary. Just MY POV, no offence intended to Gorwell :oops:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I have to agree with Bangorrcz, I have the standard steering wheel and gear shift and not found it too big at all. Its adjustable so you can find a suitable position. Not worth spending the extra IMO!

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Hi Ladies & Gents.

After much deliberation I may go for a Sport THP 156 in Opal White c/w Black door mirrors and 18" spirit Grey alloys? Not sure if the colour of the alloys will suit but they look pretty good to me on the configurator?
This is also one of the lowest final cost options.
I would just love to see this configuration in the flesh to ensure that it all marries up but that's the gamble of buying a new car :|
Test drive both size petrol engines the weekend - hopefully the THP 156 will do?

Cheers.
PS I'm coming from a Grande Punto 1.4 16v T Jet 120 sporting in "White"

RCZ1

Reaction score
HARWOOD said:
Hi Ladies & Gents.

After much deliberation I may go for a Sport THP 156 in Opal White c/w Black door mirrors and 18" spirit Grey alloys? Not sure if the colour of the alloys will suit but they look pretty good to me on the configurator?
This is also one of the lowest final cost options.
I would just love to see this configuration in the flesh to ensure that it all marries up but that's the gamble of buying a new car :|
Test drive both size petrol engines the weekend - hopefully the THP 156 will do?

Cheers.
PS I'm coming from a Grande Punto 1.4 16v T Jet 120 sporting in "White"

Sounds like a good choice. I have the 18" wheels and they are not normal silver. They are silver/grey which I had not really noticed until my hubby pointed them out but they do set the car off quite well so your spirit grey ones should go well.

Let us know how you get on with your test drives. I think you will find that the 156 will be plenty power ;)