What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hello

A

Anonymous

Hi guys and girls,

Firstly, thank you for a great forum, Ive just joined and have been finding my way around.
Have been reading some very useful information on here about various things regarding the RCZ.
Anyway today I placed my order, here's my spec... :dance:

RCZ GT THP 200,
Mercury Grey,
Integral black mistral leather,
NG4 media system.

Have been given a delivery date of May..

Hope this is a good choice of spec, what do you guys think?

Cheers,

Paul.....

A

Anonymous

Welcome, hope your wait goes a quick as it can. The you too can have FUN.

A

Anonymous

Cheers, I'm in Kent too, maybe we will pass each other one day out there on the open road when mine turns up..

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Paul.

Good choice of motor I must say :D

Hopefully the time will go quickly for you. In the meantime I'm sure this forum will help you out with any queries you have :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Cheers RCZ1, just reading through various posts now. Seems to be mixed reviews regarding the NG4 unit, the demo I was given looked good..

A

Anonymous

Cheers Ken, post up some pics please when she arrives.

Regards,

Paul...

A

Anonymous

Paintball Paul said:
Seems to be mixed reviews regarding the NG4 unit, the demo I was given looked good..
Your are correct with that statement. I think that it has a lot of faults, but I would not choose the car without it. I so wish that Peugeot would make the time to resolve the flaws with the system. It looks good, it looks damn good, however it works kinda Okay.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Paintball Paul said:
Seems to be mixed reviews regarding the NG4 unit, the demo I was given looked good..
Your are correct with that statement. I think that it has a lot of faults, but I would not choose the car without it. I so wish that Peugeot would make the time to resolve the flaws with the system. It looks good, it looks damn good, however it works kinda Okay.

Thanks for the heads up, I will try and learn what I can about the system before May and hopefully it won't be too painful.
The cabin does look extra special with the upgraded front panel and in dash screen I must admit.
Hope my iPhone 4 S works with it ok, dealer said there shouldn't be a problem Re Bluetooth hands free calling. I have been reading that it's best to transfer my iTunes music to the hard drive or memory stick though

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Hi, PaintballPaul!

Let me also welcome you to the forum. As the other guys have already said, things like colour and detail spec are a question of personal taste and - lets face it in these tough times - budget. The main thing is you enjoy you new car when it arrives.

From my own experience, I can confirm that your best bet music wise is either the internal hard drive or an external device. My personal choice is a portable USB hard drive. This you can take back to your computer and maintain. A couple of things I would point out is that you are probably best off saving stuff on the hard drive you take to the car as mp3 files (& not the iTunes native format. This is a pain first time round as you will be copying lots of data across, but should get easier when your just maintaining and updating it.

I agree with the other recent comments about this. The lack of iPod support on the NG4 is a real pain. If someone in Peugeot wanted to make a lot of people happy, they'd fix this for us!

A

Anonymous

My RCZ when I get it will have the NG4 unit - I've ordered it on the basis that it's a 'media centre' that happens to have some sort of sat-nav ability. It seems bl**dy expensive for what it seems to be - time will tell - but the added class it gives to the dash and the media choices sold it for me.
I will be moving my TrafficMaster SmartNav from the 407 into the RCZ as well (my dealer thinks I'm loopy!) for the excellent sat-nav features and traffic camera alerts. I can always take it out at a later date, but the NG4 does not - at this distance - seem to cut it sat-nav wise at the moment.
I've never had an Apple device, and my phone is pure dinosaur! so I shouldn't have too many issues.
I do agree that Peugeot could do a lot worse than upgrade a lot of issues woth the NG4 firmware. And then release an NG5 with faults fixed and DAB radio!

A

Anonymous

pete.garratt said:
Hi, PaintballPaul!

Let me also welcome you to the forum. As the other guys have already said, things like colour and detail spec are a question of personal taste and - lets face it in these tough times - budget. The main thing is you enjoy you new car when it arrives.

From my own experience, I can confirm that your best bet music wise is either the internal hard drive or an external device. My personal choice is a portable USB hard drive. This you can take back to your computer and maintain. A couple of things I would point out is that you are probably best off saving stuff on the hard drive you take to the car as mp3 files (& not the iTunes native format. This is a pain first time round as you will be copying lots of data across, but should get easier when your just maintaining and updating it.

I agree with the other recent comments about this. The lack of iPod support on the NG4 is a real pain. If someone in Peugeot wanted to make a lot of people happy, they'd fix this for us!

Cheers for your input, guess I will make a start of converting my music to MP3 in time for the delivery date. Can anybody advise what the size limit is for the USB memory stick please, I have also read that it needs to be formatted to FAT32?

Regards,

Paul....

pete.garratt

Reaction score
The USB hard drive I use is 500Gb, no problem - other than organising the directory structure for personal convenience.

A

Anonymous

millimole said:
I do agree that Peugeot could do a lot worse than upgrade a lot of issues woth the NG4 firmware. And then release an NG5 with faults fixed and DAB radio!
You won't get any arguments from me on that one. :clap:

A

Anonymous

welcome paul, i also am a keep paintballer! do you attend any of the tournaments? like cpps or millennium series!

A

Anonymous

daniellll.bee said:
welcome paul, i also am a keep paintballer! do you attend any of the tournaments? like cpps or millennium series!

Hello,

Just put a new team together 6 months ago and have been training at Sittingbourne.
Only 2 of us have previous experience so I've entered us into the KOTH series for 2012.

A couple of us always pop over to Essex when the Millennium series hosts Campaign Cup there, we just watch. I like to visit the Planet Eclipse tent for any bits I might want. Picked up a Geo 2.1 recently, nice gun. Was using an Ego 7 before that.

What team you play for?

A

Anonymous

currently out with a shoulder injury! was playing for newcastle lockdown at cpps but trying to hopefully get into manchester firm academy soon!

shooting a geo also beautiful marker tbh much prefer it over an ego!
would be nice to see you out on field sometime when i get back :)