What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

heated seats

A

Anonymous

hi there has any one had any problems with heated seats. :helpme: the other day its did not come on, and one time it came on but when off about 10 mins later . this morning i start the car it did not come on , turn off car and restarted and it came on . can any one help me?

FGRob

Reaction score
Sounds like a faulty switch to me, I would ask Peugeot to check it out, or if you can, change the switch from the passenger side to see if the problem stops, the switch will pop out if levered from the side ;)

I have a problem with my heated seats, everytime, well nearly, I get in the car, I switch it on with my legs, so I go along wondering why my ar*e is getting so hot, I now have to check everytime I get in the car. :thumbup:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

i recon it could be the stat cutting in and out as it should do, when it cools down give it time and it may switch back on via the stat.

A

Anonymous

Mine take at least a couple of minutes to kick in (the element heating I suppose), but occasionally I've somehow knocked the control whilst getting into the car and rotated it to the off position.

A

Anonymous

"I have a problem with my heated seats, everytime, well nearly, I get in the car, I switch it on with my legs, so I go along wondering why my ar*e is getting so hot, I now have to check everytime I get in the car. "
Rob.

Me too! Switch in a silly place. Never had the problem in 207cc as switch was placed further forward.

A

Anonymous

Re the switching on of heated seats with your legs... :eusa-think: guys, just how big ARE your legs??? :lol: I find I have to reach down with my little arm to actually find the switch so I can't imagine what sort of contortions you're achieving to hit that switch on the way in :crazy: :!:

RCZ1

Reaction score
BangorRCZ said:
Re the switching on of heated seats with your legs... :eusa-think: guys, just how big ARE your legs??? :lol:

Hey, steady on there girl :lol: They might be catching it with something else :eusa-think:

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
BangorRCZ said:
Re the switching on of heated seats with your legs... :eusa-think: guys, just how big ARE your legs??? :lol:

Hey, steady on there girl :lol: They might be catching it with something else :eusa-think:
:thumbup: :wtf: :cool: :lol: :lol: :eek: :helpme:

A

Anonymous

When I figure out what part of my anatomy is doing it, I'll let you know. Might even post a picture. :lol:

It seems to happen mostly when I'm using the car for work. Our allocated parking spaces are small and cars are parked either side. I can't open the door much so have to slide in and out clutching a handbag and laptop (before anyone says I could put them in the boot, I know, but I'm a woman who needs items from handbag when driving - hairbrush, lipstick, mascara, designer sunglasses and, of course, a packet of Galaxy Counters). :eusa-whistle:

It's one of those things you could try to emulate a 1000 times but wouldn't be able to do it. When I actually choose to turn the seat on or off, do you think I can find the dial? Nah! End up driving along groping wildy for it or looking down, taking my eyes off the road. "Sorry officer, but my bum was getting hot." :oops:

FGRob

Reaction score
Those handbags are a real pain in the backside you know :eek: :lol: :lol:

I've looked at trying to turn the switch around so it's always being turned to the off position, but the wiring is tight so I'm not sure if that can be done - I'll have another go once I've finished working on my other car. ;)

Rob

A

Anonymous

gemini said:
When I figure out what part of my anatomy is doing it, I'll let you know. Might even post a picture. :lol:

It seems to happen mostly when I'm using the car for work. Our allocated parking spaces are small and cars are parked either side. I can't open the door much so have to slide in and out clutching a handbag and laptop (before anyone says I could put them in the boot, I know, but I'm a woman who needs items from handbag when driving - hairbrush, lipstick, mascara, designer sunglasses and, of course, a packet of Galaxy Counters). :eusa-whistle:

It's one of those things you could try to emulate a 1000 times but wouldn't be able to do it. When I actually choose to turn the seat on or off, do you think I can find the dial? Nah! End up driving along groping wildy for it or looking down, taking my eyes off the road. "Sorry officer, but my bum was getting hot." :oops:
Sorry gemini, didn't realise you were a fellow female member and certainly didn't mean to imply that you had big thighs :oops: . As for the excuse to the policeman :lol: I'm sure they've heard just about everything by now :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

I didn't have big thighs until I discovered Galaxy Counters!

A

Anonymous

gemini said:
I didn't have big thighs until I discovered Galaxy Counters!
Now why did you have to endorse a chocolate product!!! :crazy: Now I'm just going to HAVE to do a taste trial :dance:

A

Anonymous

is it just me or should the switches be lit up i carnt find them in the dark and when i do never no which way to turn them up or down