What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Headlight clips both broken - costs £200???

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

Just dropped my car off for it's first MOT and am told that the "headlights are loose" because the clips have snapped (usually due to a collision). Despite the fact the car has never been in an accident and the closest it's got to a collision is a speed bump.

Are these lights intentionally fragile or what? Has anyone ever heard of this?

renegade79

Reaction score
never heard this before. £200 sounds like daylight robbery to me.. :wtf:

A

Anonymous

Yes most modern headlamp brackets are ridiculously flimsy. We find so many broken in the box even with packing before they even get to a car. Most good bodyshops will plastic weld them at a fraction of the cost. Phone your local parts factor if not for replacements. Most dealers only use insurance approved replacements anyhow, not genuine.

A

Anonymous

It's one day past the warranty and they said it wouldn't be covered anyway, not particularly sure why.

It all seems a bit dodgy to me, but this is a Peugeot dealer, so hopefully not!

tianorth

Reaction score
Ring Peugeot UK HQ and complain that it should have been pick up long before mot and therefore been covered by the 1 day out of warranty!

The more you put your point across about their products not lasting the more they are likely to get it change to make another customer happy.

A

Anonymous

I'd have thought it should be covered, have changed my full beam bulbs, having to fiddle with clips and all OK.

Sounds like they're taking the piss. I would ask for manager etc.