What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Headlight Bulb Out Warning and replacement bulb warranty

A

Anonymous

Evening all . Just a quick question. My main beam headlight bulb blew tonight on the way home. I only noticed when I pulled onto the drive against the White garage door. ( thought something wasn't right before that but didn't twig)

I'm just surprised I didn't get a warning on the car info system to tell me. Is there such a thing on the RCZ to tell you a bulb is off ?

I made a trip to Halfords and got sucked into the upgrade to buy one get one free on the higher light intensity bulbs at £40 ish for two as I got the other side replaced at the same time. Now I understand they blow quite quickly according to reviews online . I also got told by the guy who fitted them at Halfords they come with a 12 month warranty and to keep the receipt but again on Halfords reviews some people say there's blew after 3 months and were told there is no warranty on them . God I hate impulse buys ............ :crazy:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
The RCZ does have the facility to give you a warning, but you have to go into the display through your radio. Its quicker just to get out and have a look.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Abzynthe. I agree with you on that one. Was just surprised that the car didn't alert me,but now I know why.
With all the technology on these cars I would have thought when the bulb blew the car would have re generated another ! :eusa-whistle:

Just hoping my Halfords specials last longer than some say lol.......

RCZ-R

Reaction score
RCZ-Performance said:
Be proactive and prepare by getting spares or just upgrade any bulb in your RCZ you want as we sell all bulbs for the RCZ:

http://shop.rczperformance.com/category.sc?categoryId=3

It is a pity you don't offer the Philips D1S Ultinon 6000K HID bulbs. I'm going to switch to them from the original Philips Xenarc Start HIDs. I have those Ultinon on my other car and they are just on a different level compared to other aftermarket HIDs :greetings-wavingblue:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
RCZ-Performance said:
Be proactive and prepare by getting spares or just upgrade any bulb in your RCZ you want as we sell all bulbs for the RCZ:

http://shop.rczperformance.com/category.sc?categoryId=3

It is a pity you don't offer the Philips D1S Ultinon 6000K HID bulbs. I'm going to switch to them from the original Philips Xenarc Start HIDs. I have those Ultinon on my other car and they are just on a different level compared to other aftermarket HIDs :greetings-wavingblue:

Yes those are great bulbs and we are checking with our supplier, but we believe they are not legal use on the roads here in the UK or Europe.