What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hdi dipstick broken.

mattblack

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have seen threads about the broken tip off dipstick. Sadly mine has it missing.
So I purchased a replacement .Well its not the same even though it says it is total length is around 660 to 680.
The original looking at it is shorter.
Please anyone have a original and can tell me the size total in length.
If I fill to the middle mark on the new it looks like it would be at the top of old where broken off.
Thanks M

mattblack

Reaction score
Look here

Hi thanks,looks like the one I bought off ebay,its to long,when next to original the new one has the plastic orange parts higher up,so in theory overfill by 2ltrs.
Probably buy one now from a dealers.
Thanks.

Jacek Jackowiak

Reaction score
Hi thanks,looks like the one I bought off ebay,its to long,when next to original the new one has the plastic orange parts higher up,so in theory overfill by 2ltrs.
Probably buy one now from a dealers.
Thanks.
The length of the oil dipstick is less important. For HDI 163 (or 140) are important: the maximum level at 535 mm and the minimum level at 560 mm. Dimensions measured from the flange of the oil dipstick. Part number: 1174F0, 1174G9.
I think the photos will be helpful (new and broken):

Może być zdjęciem przedstawiającym przymiar i tekst

Może być zdjęciem przedstawiającym przymiar i tekst

mattblack

Reaction score
Hi
Problem I have ,I haven't got a clue where it should be as the new dipstick isn't yhe same.
Just going to buy a genuine one,as don't want to under fill or overfill.