What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hdi crankshaft pulley replacement

RCZKENT

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking at replacing my crankshaft pulley as the original rubber is beginning to break up. Obviously I will replace the belt and tensioner at the same time. Peugeot want a whopping £224 just for the pulley and cant tell me when they will have stock (no surprises there). Does anyone know who manufactures the original? I have seen Corteco pulleys around £30 and they are original manufacturers to MB & BMW, anybody used these?
Also any tips on removing the pulley? - not the wedge a breaker bar on the floor and turn the starter over way! I believe they can be difficult to remove, I cant see a way to use a locking tool on these?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks all.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
If you buy the complete timing belt kit it comes with new ones depending on the kit you buy

RCZKENT

Reaction score
If you buy the complete timing belt kit it comes with new ones depending on the kit you buy
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not looking to change the timing belt, just crankshaft pulley, aux belt and tensioner. My question was not asking about buying a 'kit' but advise on replacement crankshaft pulleys and best ways to remove.