What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Have you ever seen YOUR spoiler deploy?? -

renegade79

Reaction score
I got the idea for this topic by something 2retro said in another thread. Made me wonder how many people have actually seen their own spoiler deploy when they were not actually driving or in their own car at the time?

I haven't anyway. :eusa-think:

2retro

Reaction score
I have only seen mine at stage 2 once or twice around 90MPH because you can just about see that through the rear view mirror when deployed. :cool:

Stage 1 is a mystery though. I just go on faith that it's doing it's funky thing when it should back there...

renegade79

Reaction score
2retro said:
I have only seen mine at stage 2 once or twice around 90MPH because you can just about see that through the rear view mirror when deployed. :cool:

Stage 1 is a mystery though. I just go on faith that it's doing it's funky thing when it should back there...

agreed on stage 2 :eusa-shhh: but i know stage 1 works because a friend of mine was driving behind me recently and he was fascinated by the spoiler deploying (stage 1, but of course). He'd never seen one before!

I once saw the spoiler on my TT deploy when I was driving another car behind it. What can I say but its an awesome sight!

A

Anonymous

I actually made the wife drive mine so I could see it deploy. The only real issue was trying to get a Fiat 500 up to and above 50mph...and that was wind assisted...AND going downhill. I am fairly certain that sit on mowers have more grunt.

renegade79

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
I actually made the wife drive mine so I could see it deploy. The only real issue was trying to get a Fiat 500 up to and above 50mph...and that was wind assisted...AND going downhill. I am fairly certain that sit on mowers have more grunt.
:lol:
that may be, but i'd still love a go in the abarth version :dance:

A

Anonymous

It's still only a 1.4l engine though so you know it'll still sound like a hairdryer.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Ive seen both stages happen while outside the car. It was on the rollers getting a bhp reading :)
I had a video somewhere.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have seen mine go to stage 2 a few times while driving, but the rear dashcam always captures the stage 1, and to watch back the change from stage 1 to stage 2 is pretty cool :eusa-shhh:

A

Anonymous

Only when I've sat in the passenger seat, shouting at my husband driving to drive faster! :wtf:

A

Anonymous

I can see mine at stage 2 (but only on a track officer :D ) stage 1 has been confirmed by getting the passenger to kneel on the seat and have a look in a perfectly safe manner :shock: . What we need is a dash cam that shows it so we can reduce the stress of not knowing.

Cheers
Nick

freelockuk

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Been trying to seen my up but couldn't see it. Take from the posts it has two positions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frankvdb

Reaction score
freelockuk said:
Hi guys.
Been trying to seen my up but couldn't see it. Take from the posts it has two positions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As you can read you must not let the UK speed limit stop you... :law-policered:
Or as I did take it to the German autobahn... :auto-car:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, my stage two lifts at 97mph and often see it! :crazy:

A

Anonymous

Does anyone notice a difference when the spoiler deploys?

Is there a way to make the spoiler lift at a lower speed?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
There is a button on the centre console between the arm rest and the gear stick. This manually lifts & lowers the spoiler. If you play with it, you can get it to deploy to either stage 1 or stage2. At lower speeds you will not notice any significant difference in handling, but the faster you go, the more effect the spoiler has on stability & road holding.