What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Has anyone reversed on full lock and got clunking?

A

Anonymous

It was so noticeable even my wife felt it. It was like the tyre had a flat spot , It got me out of the car to check. I was on a block paving type of surface and in hindsight it might be caused by the wheels not turning at the same rate and one spinning to match the other. I'll try it on Tarmac soon.
:crazy:

FGRob

Reaction score
That could be a couple of things, we are running some pretty wide tyres and the lock on the RCZ is very good so it forces the tyres almost to scub which comes over like a clunking type noise, also the front springs can produce a twang occasionally and finally if you apply the brakes going backwards the brake pads sometime move and cause a clonk - nothing to worry about.

Rob

A

Anonymous

Yep I've had that clunking noise a few times. I've started parking in my neighbours drive and when I reverse out onto the road and am on full lock there is an almighty clunk. I thought I'd hit the kerb (I ran out and checked the alloys but they were fine) but no. It has happened 3 or 4 times.

Scarlet

A

Anonymous

bee said:
klunc klik every trip-depending on your age of course

Eh :eusa-think:

Seat Belts have got nothing to do with Full Lock and Clunking :roll:

You should try and avoid using full lock when / wherever possible as it's not recommended.
Something to do with wearing away the rubber boots.

Oh, and you'll usually get a loud clunking noise that worries most people. It's not serious though

:greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

As well as an RCZ (well I get it in Feb or march dependant upon build date ) I have an audi a6 TFSI with 255 19 wheels and tyres. The noise is due to the fact that the tyres are larger than normal and provide so much grip that at full lock they scrub. This is completely normal with cars with wide tyres. I know it comes as a shock with the judder that normally goes with it but it'll be fine

A

Anonymous

adrian said:
As well as an RCZ (well I get it in Feb or march dependant upon build date ) I have an audi a6 TFSI with 255 19 wheels and tyres. The noise is due to the fact that the tyres are larger than normal and provide so much grip that at full lock they scrub. This is completely normal with cars with wide tyres. I know it comes as a shock with the judder that normally goes with it but it'll be fine