What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Guard x - Any good?

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

When ordering my RCZ the dealer offered me the Guard X protection system for the paintwork, interior leather, glass, etc.

I put off a decision until a bit nearer the delivery date.
Does anyone know anything about this system, is it any good? At £399 I thought it a bit steep but if it does the job I might re-consider.
Any info much appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve

A

Anonymous

Hi steve,
my dad has just had his TT treated with a similar thing, and he recons that stuff just wipes away with ease.
His car is white, so it dose tend to show the muck, but that's a lot of cash for car wax !!

A

Anonymous

Agree with gtomo it doesn't provide the long term protection you would expect for that price.

I would save your £399 and call up a local professional detailing company to see what alternatives they can offer in terms of pre-delivery protection packages. I think you'll find for £250 you will get a lot better product.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I agree. Your money would be better spent on a detailer and then maintaining it regularly with a wax or sealant to keep it protected.

I fully intend to give mine a full detail when I take delivery - I do it myself.

you may find this site useful

www.detailingworld.co.uk

There are professional detailers on there so you should be able to find one local to you.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the link.
Definitely going the detailing route now. The finishes these guys achieve are absolutely stunning.

Will source someone local and hopefully they can carry out the work at the dealership before handover.

RCZ1

Reaction score
stevercz said:
Thanks for the link.
Definitely going the detailing route now. The finishes these guys achieve are absolutely stunning.

Will source someone local and hopefully they can carry out the work at the dealership before handover.

Glad it was of use - you won't be disappointed. Your car will be much better presented then it would be from the dealer.

A

Anonymous

Guys I had my RCZ Guard x and it seems to work, Mine is black so it's a nightmare to clean anyway, but after driving down the motorway in rain, the following morning I looked at the car and it wasn't to bad, so I think it's worth it, and anyway whats £300 on a £28,000 car

A

Anonymous

I've managed to find a local guy to me in Ascot, if you have a look on detailingworld.com you can probably work out who he is.
The results he can achieve are absolutely stunning and I don't think a dealer applying Guardx would be able to come anywhere near close.

And he's cheaper too. I know which way I'm going...

A

Anonymous

hi guys my dealer has offered to guard x my RCZ for free thats right for FREE think i will jump at that chance :D :D

RCZ1

Reaction score
rasper said:
hi guys my dealer has offered to guard x my RCZ for free thats right for FREE think i will jump at that chance :D :D

I still would not have it I'm afraid. Its really not that good, in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

had my RCZ guardx today by my dealer can only say what a job they made of it looks really good. :clap: :dance:

A

Anonymous

Just a quick comment about the disparity on the price, my dealer quoted it at £299 not £399.

A

Anonymous

I HAVE IT ON MY CAR AND HAVE FOUND IT TO BE VERY GOOD BUT TRY AND GETB THE PRICE REDUCED TO ABOUT £260.00 OR HAGGLE WITH DEALER TO GET IT FREE.GOODLUCK