What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Groan Noise!

RobDJ

Reaction score
wondering if anyone has this issue?

Early mornings now its gone damp and cold as I pull away Or reverse there's a loud groaning noise! Could it be the brakes or something else?
It does go away after pulling away mind, But sounds awful at first.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It sound like it could be the DMF. I had similar issues some time ago, and ended up have the entire clutch assembly including clutch plate and Dual Mass Flywheel replaced under extended warranty.

Goatz

Reaction score
wondering if anyone has this issue?

Early mornings now its gone damp and cold as I pull away Or reverse there's a loud groaning noise! Could it be the brakes or something else?
It does go away after pulling away mind, But sounds awful at first.

are you sure it’s a groan and not a twang noise?

Pedro

Reaction score
Brake discs may be the grating/grinding noise we all hear after standing overnight if they get damp its another one of the joys of owning a Z if it was a clutch problem it would be present changing the gears etc

DKZ5745

Reaction score
When my DMF went it only ever made the noise when setting off in first, or moving off in reverse, and then it was only occasionally, and usually if I’d held the clutch in a bit longer than usual before moving off (eg. Pulling up at red lights & not selecting neutral, holding clutch down in first then moving off).
The service manager said he had heard it before as his wife’s Mini had the same issue.

Pedro

Reaction score
When my DMF went it only ever made the noise when setting off in first, or moving off in reverse, and then it was only occasionally, and usually if I’d held the clutch in a bit longer than usual before moving off (eg. Pulling up at red lights & not selecting neutral, holding clutch down in first then moving off).
The service manager said he had heard it before as his wife’s Mini had the same issue.
yea its apparently a ongoing issue with dual mass or mess as some mechanics like to call them & I heard that the carmakers could be ready to ditch the concept as they have a somewhat dubious lifespan due to design