What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

GPS

A

Anonymous

I have just bought one of the first RCZ's in Thailand and found that the GPS does not have a Thailand map, lol. Dealer is unable help, saying that thailand map is not available at all. Any help?

A

Anonymous

Hi shabbrig, welcome to the RCZ forum.

I cant help with maps for thailand but can tell you that the NG4 system is made by Harman Becker and the map supplier is Navteq so it may be worth giving both of these a try.

regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Thanks Marcus. The Navteq website did not have an option for either "Peugeot" or "Thailand"; It did have an option for "Becker", but once again, Peugeot is not listed. Two strikes against Navteq so far. Harman also does not have a Peugeot option, so one strike for Harman.

Now, the best part is the Peugeot website, which actually has a Thailand website, but thay cannot offer me any support because I bought my car through a direct importer! And remember with import duties, I paid US$100,000 for my beautiful car with a pop-up screen. Of course the only thing I can use the pop-up screen for is changing FM stations, lol.

I sent email to all three websites, will update here as it develops. Three strikes for Peugeot?

A

Anonymous

Would an RCZ offically imported by Peugeot Thailand have a working NG4 sat nav system? If the answer is Yes the software/mapping has to exist somewhere , you just need to find out how to get your hands on it.

Good Luck with the hunt !

Marcus

PS - post some pictures of your car in the members gallery , everyone would love to see one in thailand !

A

Anonymous

Good idea, let me try to find out if the dealer imported one has nav. And yes, I will post some pics soon. It's just so embarassing to take pics because everywhere I go, this car draws a huge crowd. But I will, I promise. Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Hi Shabbirg ,
Just got mine last month , also from importer . Check with Peugeot Thailand and was told GPS map not available too .
Have you found any solution ?

Have you sent your RCZ for the first maintenance ?
How is your opinion for their servicing ?
Mine should be due around october .
frankly , abit worried about my importer .

A

Anonymous

No solution to the GPS problem. I had a small problem with my coolant tank sensor and the dealer repaired it promptly, advising me not to park in the sun, which was hilarious. I am quite happy with my dealer, autoexpress, though my car only has 3000km on it, so let's see what happens when it gets more. Where do you live in Thailand?

A

Anonymous

Shabbier andLeekinkak,

I got one from Set Point another direct importer, it was only last week and now I have problem with my GPS reading. I got V-Kool film on it and it can't get any GPS signal at all. It shows "zone unmapped" on the driver screen at all time so thinking about turn the GPS off or I can make a small hole just for the GPS but the question is where should make a hole? I also posted this question 2 hours ago but nothing there yet, I think this is a question we will need to solve it out here in Thailand. It will be nice if we all can meet and helping each other for some technical/mechanical things. Auto Express is good (I bet you got them off k. Natee - golf) right?

Ps. If you leave the number, I will call you both so we can chat.