What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Got my new RCZ end of March

A

Anonymous

Well the day finally arrived and I went to pick up my gleaming new RCZ 200 GT in Amber red.
Did the handover with the sales guy and off I went.
3 miles later I arrived at the traffic lights at the start of the slip road onto the motorway, front of the queue, ready to give it a first try.
Lights turned to green, I set off, a warning sign came up saying "engine fault, repair needed"
I then trundled down the slip road at about 25 miles an hour with a big queue of cars behind me.
No power whatsoever, seemed like the turbo had fallen off and was running on 2 cylinders.
VERY embarrassing. :oops:

Peugeot said it was 2 sensors causing the problem, but eventually they couldn't find anything wrong, apart from they updated the software.
Didn't fill me with confidence, but so far I've done about 800 miles without further problems. :dance:

Absolutely love the car.
The only gripe I have is the ride, I didn't realise how bumpy some of the motorways are.

A

Anonymous

Welcome :thumbup: yes them little green gremlins sorted via the updates but this shouldnt happen at all :thumbdown: As far as the ride goes its best ride ;) in a car with 19" wheels that i driven by far the others where ASTRA VXR,HONDA CIVIC TYPE R,,SEAT CUPRA R

A

Anonymous

I find ride firm but nothing like the bimmer I had before which could remove fillings on bad roads. Hope ur just unlucky with faulty sensor if that's all the problem was. Not just pug thing my BMW practically lived at the dealership it had that many faults and cost nearly twice as much as my rcz. Welcome :thumbup:

Rue1

Reaction score
Welcome to the club :) I have just clocked up 5000km in "arsey" and haven't had any issues whatsoever best car I have ever owned (and have had a long list from a lot of different manufacuters)...being mechanical there are bound to be faults the ownership experience however is dependent on how the manufacturers deal with these problems...in Peugeots case I can't fault them, I have always had great customer service

Happy RCZ'ing :)

A

Anonymous

Hopefully it was just a glitch.
I've had quite a few Pugs since 1995. A few 306's, 407 and last time a 4007. So this one a total change, thought it was time for some fun instead of having work cars all the time. I have to say I've never had a problem with any of my other Pugs so I'm not too worried about this one. Only thing I'm worried about is when I get my first speeding ticket.