What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

going from a FN2 CIVIC type R GT TO RCZ 156 GT

A

Anonymous

HELLO MEMBERS JAMES HERE,i am seriously considering a 156 rcz gt coming a from 58 plate type r gt my 3 year lease is up on the honda soon and i want something as eye catching as the civic without the higher running costs.
i can lease a 156bhp rcz gt for 2 years for £297 per week with £1500 deposit in charcoal grey or dolphin blue.is this good?????

the 200bhp gt is not worth the money as its in tt terratory and peugeot are discounted heavily sooner/later.

my question is how does the 156 gt drive and what if any are the reliabilty issues with this car.

many thanks for honest replies :)

A

Anonymous

I can't tell you much about the 156 other than when I test drove it that it was a really nice drive and although underpowered for my taste was offset by the stunning visual appeal of the car.

I can tell you the GT200 is worth every penny and I am coming from a 2010 998PDK. The little extras make it a really rounded package. I noticed the difference in roadholding and ride straight away. The engine is a lot more livelily. If you want some zing out of them you need to work them quite high up the rev range but if you keep it on the boil they are quite rewarding.

I have found little in the way of bad points. MPG has not yet lived up to the promise and I have take a little time to get used to the clutch pedal which is really high.

But if you can't afford or don't want to afford a GT200 then then the 156 is a great choice and whatever engine you choose they certainly turn heads!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

That's £32,388 your paying!!! You could buy it for a lot less than that. Never have leased a car so what do I know? I know that it's a damn fine car and that's not just my opinion. I know that is a darn good looking car and that's everyone's opinion. I doubt that the RCZ will ever be heavily discounted and the the 200bhp would be the better buy. Personally I have the diesel 164bhp an that is simply awesome. You pays your money and makes your choice. As for reliability issues then no common theme has yet emerged on this forum. Individuals have had minor faults but nothing that suggests any design faults. Hope this helps you

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply :) my grande punto sporting multijet 1 of the 1st in this country back in 2006 it turned heads for a while but was a disaster in reliabilty.
the 200bhp gt is too expensive for what it is and i am not willing too fork out for a extra 44 bhp when a remap does the same????.

the only thing i want to know is the performance of the car/steering its quality of paint as i am a keen detailer.the only rcz i have been in was the in the showroom and it was a rcz sport in white it looked huge in comparison to the civic

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
That's £32,388 your paying!!! You could buy it for a lot less than that. Never have leased a car so what do I know? I know that it's a damn fine car and that's not just my opinion. I know that is a darn good looking car and that's everyone's opinion. I doubt that the RCZ will ever be heavily discounted and the the 200bhp would be the better buy. Personally I have the diesel 164bhp an that is simply awesome. You pays your money and makes your choice. As for reliability issues then no common theme has yet emerged on this forum. Individuals have had minor faults but nothing that suggests any design faults. Hope this helps you

sorry £297 per month over 2 years with a deposit of £1500.and i totally agree that tt is dated even before it came out, the rcz is 90% far prettier barring the snowt.rcz it is.I WILL BE BACK :helpme: :)

A

Anonymous

With regard quality of paint/detailing you will hear about that from our queen of detailing Aka RCZ1. Steering is very precise and handles as though it is on rails. Good on fuel too. Can you remap a leased car? I suspect not. If you want performance get the 200bhp as standard. The car is designed to take the power ect

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi James

I have the 156 Sport rather than the GT. I chose the 156 over the 200 primarily for the ride ( smaller alloys - less harsh) and also because the MPG was better , slightly. I'm averaging 43/44mpg at the moment, which I'm really pleased with
( it's petrol by the way). The handling is amazing. Country roads are a hoot. Goes round corners on rails - its poise is amazing. It doesn't seem to have any body roll at all. The car goes where you point it.

With regard to the paint, my pearl White is proving to be intermediate to hard. Some people, mainly with black or darker coloured cars, have said the paint is on the softer side. Only this week I have had my swirl torch on the car and it still remains swirl free. Given it's Spring detail beginning of March - owned it since October. The only problematic part of the car is the roof, which does pick up swirls quite easily. You really have to keep contact to a minimum. I'm a keen detailer too

The RCZ IS VERY WIDE! only just fits in my garage but you soon get used to it. The view from the wing mirrors is awesome. Go for it - you won't be disappointed.

A

Anonymous

I used to own the FN2 Type R and the previous model, both great cars and fun to drive :thumbup:

Im now driving the diesel RCZ and loving it. Great ride quality even with the 19" rims, stacks of the fun, amazing fuel economy - just driven from Brighton to Manchester and back again and returned a 54 mpg average plus the road tax is only £113 per yr :eek: The diesel is supprisingly quiet too and I quite often forget im driving a diesel.

in 9 hours of driving in the last 2 days I have only seen 1 RCZ but probably at least 40 TTs so if you like to be noticed you MUST buy the RCZ. I get contast stares, comments, people pointing and rubber necking and im luvin it , i feel like a celeb :lol:

I drove all 3 RCZ engines and rate the 200bhp petrol in first with the diesel in a very close second but if you include running costs the diesel is the numeral uno ;)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the replies chaps,i have decided to get the 156 gt and i will place my order tommorow,but i have only 2 colours to chose from charcoal or dolphin blue................cant make my mind up though :helpme: .i have only ever seen a white rcz sport in the metal

A

Anonymous

also i have noticed and wondered why hasnt the rcz not led running day lights very strange. :shock: of the 2 car i have to chose from 1 has a vision pack the blue 1 the charcoal has not? but diamond vision and 380 led side light will make it look better :cool: :cool:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
also i have noticed and wondered why hasnt the rcz not led running day lights very strange. :shock: of the 2 car i have to chose from 1 has a vision pack the blue 1 the charcoal has not? but diamond vision and 380 led side light will make it look better :cool: :cool:
If you search the forum you'll come across many members who have changed to LED lights with good effect. As for chosing your colour I don't think you can go wrong but my personal recommendation would be the charcoal...saw one in my dealer's when I called once and it was gorgeous. Good luck and good choice of car :dance:

A

Anonymous

yep i have the vision pack and have changed the rdl,s to white led,s fab bzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A

Anonymous

I've seen both the Dolphin Blue and the Charcoal and of the two I prefer the charcoal. The vision pack is great especially if you do a lot of night driving. In Australia the vision pack also includes the JBL sound system upgrade.

Mine is a 200BHP which is more than just extra power. The suspension is stiffer so the handling is better. It's also a slightly harsher ride especially with the 19" alloys but not to the point of discomfort. Mine also has a smaller steering wheel.

All in all it's a fun car with plenty of power. Keep the revs up and she really screams.

A

Anonymous

I had to sack a guy for remapping his company car a few years back. I had no choice as HR told me the penalty was dismissal for a serious breach of the company policy

. Lease companies probably wont allow it and you can bet the T&C's will state "no modifications " to the car delivered

A

Anonymous

well a few days on or almost a week since posted this thread its all changed and so is the company i was going to lease the rcz from its also cheaper aswell £288 a month for 2 years 10k miles/year,i was to take delivery next week but its now turned into a 4 week wait just get a white rcz gt 156/black leather i tried to get a white 1 with the vision pack on it but no avail as i would have to wait 10-12 weeks :evil: anyway i am off to egypt for a fortnight on the 18th of june so only a week to wait when i get back :cool: a question will 308 upgrade headlamp bulbs/led sidelights fit the rcz (non vision pack) the reason i ask is autobulbs direct.co.uk dont list the rcz in there peugeot list for bulb models only the 308 of which the rcz is based on,i plan getting phillips diamond vision upgrade h7's and 380/16 leds ugrades for the side lights,if i do remap the rcz it can returned to its normal setting ie original map prior to handing it back,i also plan to darken the tint on the side windoes as well 75% small side windows and a subtle but very effective 35% tint on the door windows i have had this done on my last 3 cars come to think of it this is only my 4th car :D and its also the most excited i have ever been on getting a car as the rcz is stunning,but 1 thing bugs me with it it dont have led running lights which look so cool on the new 308 active

A

Anonymous

adrian ,i love the spec on your car its a all sing all dancing spec it must have cost a fortune,is the normal speced stereo of the rcz any good as my type r's stereo was terrible in the sound dept no bass at all i had 19" rage alloys a £2,500 option on my civic plus satnav £1400 type r mats £100 type r emblem kit £90 but when come trade in or return time you get very little back for these toys the tyres on the civics 19s where £230 a corner to replace yokohamas the 19 continentals must be even more???

A

Anonymous

bee said:
yep i have the vision pack and have changed the rdl,s to white led,s fab bzzzzzzzzzzzzz

wow white led is good choice this will make the brighter reflection.
Keep in mind, buy red bulbs for red lenses, amber bulbs for amber lenses! Do not buy white bulbs for red or amber lenses. LED technology does not work the same as normal bulbs.