What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

gets your goat

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Those of you who read my WAFFLES are reasonably familiar with my world.
A recent item including reference to oz fauna has triggered my experience here on unexpected encounters of the animal kind.
Our location is extremely rural and the farmers are a varied, mixed and how shall I put it politely, from an era left behind.
We all, as motorists are required to carry triangles and reflective jackets and must warn our fellow motorists of a hazard should we cause an obstruction.
However, our bucolic countryfolk live in an age of the donkey.
This means that an awareness and preparedness on our rural roads needs to be upped considerably.
Since living here, we have had some quick/quickish motors, and years of enthusiasm has not totally dampened my driving style, whilst I acknowledge my reaction times are not as they were in my late teens and twenties and temper my bravado.
Herds of goats are the most scary, as you sweep majestically through the wondrous curves, dips and inclines of the foothills of the Sierra de Gredos, at any time, and at no distance in front may be upward of a hundred goats and sheep in a flock slowly ambling from a pasture one side of the carretera to the other.
Anchors applied and a big grin to the shepherd/goat herd who looks sternly at the modern challenger on his territory; hazard flashers selected and a calm patient wait ensues, with a constant view in the rear mirror to hope the next projectile is piloted by an equally aware fellow as myself.
Fortunately the traffic volumes are such that more often than not noone approaches from the rear.
So, once the herd has, in its own good time, cleared the way, progress can be resumed and a cheery wave between all concludes the delay.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well right at the end of your story you can tell you are not in the UK, because you said a cheery wave .
Over here most waves have evolved to just using two fingers and the more intellectual have refined this to just using one finger.
I guess that could be seen as evolution!
Clever folk us Brits. ?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Not encountered "road rage" or anything close, here in Spain [yet!].
But ...
I was sitting in a short queue of cars waiting behind a truck at the front unloading down one of the narrow streets in our village.
Someone tooted impatiently.
Bloke in first car in queue got out and trudged back down the queue,
As each driver said "not me!" he moved on to next until the culprit owned up.
Bloke holds his arms out in a "WTF" stance, and says to the tooter in pleasant tone - "TRANQUILLO".
Tooter looks a bit sheepish and bloke trudges back to his motor.
Lovely expression which can be used on many occasions.
I will often tell a harassed waiter/waitress "tranquillo" when they indicate they are sorry for keeping me waiting.
Works wonders - big smile and best service follows. :clap: