What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

General questions about basic features

A

Anonymous

Hi all

wasnt sure where exactly to post this (here or tech forum) but i just wondered if someone could explain to me exactly what i get included with the standard sound system (4 speakers 2 tweets) in respect of bluetooth, mp3, usb type connectivity.

When i had the demo over the weekend i mostly wanted it to test the comfort/motorway usage as i do about 2000 miles a month in my company car... and i fell in love. ;)

anyone who can open my eyes to some features i may not be aware of... Ive ordered the 156 GT model, no sports kit, but with feline pack, grey leather and 19" soltice alloys in black.

Thankyou!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Paula

With the standard sound system you get everything ! You can stream music via bluetooth and link your mobile phone to make calls, controlled by the controls on the steering wheel, via bluetooth. I think majority of ipods are compatable with the system playing it through the USB. There does however seem to be some issues with ipones via USB, but I'm sure someone will be along to give more information on this. One of my ipods lives in the central armrest and connects via USB and you get full control of playlists, artists, genres all from the controls on the steering wheel. Its great! The sound quality is also excellent from the standard stereo too - really good surround sound.

You also get a lot of toys on the GT model so you will have plenty to play with. I suggest a good read of your manual when you get the RCZ :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi Paula,

Are you getting the Ng4 media system ? It is awsome !!!

As RCZ1 has said some people have had some issue with ipods and compatibility with the NG4, personaly i have'nt, even via USB everything works as it should.
I did find that tracks/music did have to be saved in mp3 formatt to have all functions working and i use Itunes to save, edit, creat playlists ect .

I have the standard speaker system which personaly i think is gives an outstanding sound .

I'm not sure what the features are on the standard cd player so cannot compare it to the NG4 but i would imagine as far as linking it an ipod it would be very simular to the NG4.

If it's not too late and you have not updated to the NG4, get in touch with your dealer and go for it, it is far far more than just a media system that plays music, theres the large on screen 3D sat nav, a "jukebox" for 1000's of tracks, graphic equaliser, on screen coloured parking display, full phone functions and lots more.
And it looks great as it raises out of the dash. :thumbup:

For pure looks alone, without it's added features , then in my opinion the NG4 wins hands down.

A

Anonymous

Hi, i didnt go for the NG4 system as its so expensive added on (this is a company car, i chose the feline pack and alloys as thats more important to me...)

i bought a brand new tom tom live a few weeks ago which has live traffic feeds and 3D mapping which is fantastic.

The standard system in the demo i drove was adequate really! i didnt know there were steering controls? (im in a BMw at the mo, used to them being on the front of the steering wheel?!)

A

Anonymous

Thanks RCZ1 - is it true it has a refrigerated glove box??

A

Anonymous

Its a vent that feeds from the AC, so when you have the AC on cold some of the cold air vents into the glove box, pretty standard on most cars with AC.

A

Anonymous

not on this bloody bmw hahaa.

i bet the alloys look stunning dont they jactac? :)

A

Anonymous

Oh yes, they just finish off the white paintwork. it's an awsome look.
What colour you getting ?

A

Anonymous

opal white... cant wait now.. its low impact tax as benefit in kind to.. which is a bonus!

looking at yours with those alloys ive made the right choice i think :)

A

Anonymous

Honestly you will NOT be dissapointed, but you may be a bit embarrassed with the looks and stares, i was in the beginning, it's strange to have people just stare at you when you pull up at lights :oops:

Did you get the front skirts, they just add a subtle finish to the front end, again against the white it looks great. I think the RCZ was made for white, whether it be Opal or Pearl.

Now i just know that last statement will start the "colour" thing off again. :lol:

A

Anonymous

hahaha i know i had noticed. I loved the white for the simple reason that i wanted the feline pack, those stripes look sooooo good.

Driving the demo at the weekend which was dolphin blue i got alot of stares, the worst being a punto full of young lads joining a roundabout behind me, all pointing and trying to see the badge on the back. when they then pulled up beside me at the next junction they were mesmerised hahaha.

i didnt have an option to add front skirts, i added 19" soltice black alloys, leather steering wheel, lama grey leather seats, feline pack, with the GT option.

thats costing me £97.72 a month trade up value so my company pay the rest and i get a cheeky fuel card chucked in. :)

RCZ1

Reaction score
jactac said:
Did you get the front skirts, they just add a subtle finish to the front end, again against the white it looks great. I think the RCZ was made for white, whether it be Opal or Pearl.

l:

Have I missed something? Do I need to go to Specsavers, I think I'm seeing things :lol:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
jactac said:

l:

Have I missed something? Do I need to go to Specsavers, I think I'm seeing things :lol:

Well RCZ1 that's official then out of the mouths of babes and jactac :clap:

A

Anonymous

You will notice that Opal is indeed mentioned first in that statement, and i'am under heavy medication. :crazy: