What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

gearbox oil.

Dave jc

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Is there a recommended mileage to replace gear box oil in a RCZ 2000 diesel 2010. ?

Pedro

Reaction score
I dropped mine out at 50.000 Klm on 200GT petrol but according to Peugeot the G/Box oil never needs to be changed although I found a layer of sludge on the inside of the drain plug which means its debateable just how long that oil does last?

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I personally would not go over 100k km (60-70k miles) with the same filling of gearbox oil.
In all of my manual cars I changed it around 100k km, opposite to manufacturer's recommendation to leave it untouched. In all cars the oil was done by that mileage. Burnt and just smelly. After the change I had the impression they put a new gearbox in the car.

Dave jc

Reaction score
Thanks guys, Its going in for a service soon so i will get the garage to change in then.