What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Gear changes

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone, over the last couple of weeks I have noticed that when changing gear they feel crunchie, more so in the morning when the engine is cold, is it worth a visit to dealership ? Has anybody els experienced similar issues ?

Dolphin Blue GT200.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Definitely worth a look. It might be that the gearbox oil needs topping up or changing.

A

Anonymous

I've not had that problem but I agree with Abs - maybe the gear oil is low.

hanswuk

Reaction score
SANDYMC said:
Hi everyone, over the last couple of weeks I have noticed that when changing gear they feel crunchie, more so in the morning when the engine is cold, is it worth a visit to dealership ? Has anybody els experienced similar issues ?

Dolphin Blue GT200.

Yes, especially 1st to 2nd. Besides the gearbox oil level, check that you are fully depressing the clutch pedal and I'd also suggest that you experiment with the revs during gear changes. I've found that having a few extra revs as you change gear (not too many though!) helps it slot in easier. As you say it's worst when it's cold.

Incidentally I find 1st gear too short ie. you have to change into 2nd immediately you move forward which means that you're often beaten off the line by some quite mundane machinery! (at least until you get into 2nd and 3rd....) :evil:

A

Anonymous

I had this issue, as a number of others have too. The dealer did something, flushed through the oil maybe. This did help improve it but it's never been quite right to be honest and has always felt crunchie.

Take it to them and see what they come up with.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, just driving today when temperature warning light came on and temp gauge went from 90 to 130, this was just after a 3 minute drive, pulled over and turned engine off and restarted and got a red warning saying airbags or seatbelt pretensioners fault ? Turned off engine and then no warnings drove for 100 yards and then temperature warning red light again, think it will be contacting dealership tomorrow.

A

Anonymous

I particularly find that any gear into first is particularly crunchy, sometimes it requires brute force to slap it into place. I have had this investigated but was palmed off with the suggestion that this is "normal".

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Mine always crunches going from 1st to 2nd when the car is cold. It's all fine when it's warmed up so it's probably supposed to be like that.

A

Anonymous

No crunches here, hot or cold... THP 200 if it makes any difference.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

22000 miler 156, gear change is lovely and smooth, thankfully.