What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Fuel pump replacement RCZ 2010 Aut

A

Anonymous

Hi everybody! I live in Sweden and have now had my RCZ for about a year. I give you this info for you to help out your workshop should this problem ever happen to you since it is not so easy to allocate.

The RCZ in question is a 2010, automatic gear box version with 156 BHP. My wife just love the car, and so do I whenever I get the chance to borrow it from her.

Anyway, it has just 37000 km on the meter (approx 23000 miles) and it broke down during a trip in the countryside far from everything. After a lunch stop it did not start properly. It began to choke, and I did not manage to get any rpm on the engine. Shortly after the engine died. The fuel tank was half full. I started to diagnose.

Symptoms: Engine turns well with starter motor, ignites occasionally, but never takes off.
Conclusion: Either no air or no fuel or a completely wrong mix. Ignition sparks seems ok.
Possible culprits: Fuel, air blockage, engine control box.

After checking air intake and the fuse box where every fuse was OK, we had to get it towed to a workshop some 30 miles away. My culprit candidate was the fuel pump.

The workshop did not find any fault codes, but I suggested due to the symptoms that it might be connected to the fuel pump unless a cat had jumped into the air intake. No cat was found, and the mechanic soon confirmed a fuel pump mechanical break down, hence no fault codes.

On Monday next week (May 5) I will get more info on this. This repair would typically cost about 550 GBP (or 600 €) since my car now is off the warranty period. Thankfully, my insurance will cover this rendering me with a bill of 300 GBP.

A

Anonymous

hi, had the same problem this winter on the road while driving. peugeot asisstance towed me to dealership late in the evening - it was almost closed, so they gave me replacement car /408, and next day i got my rcz repaired. my car is also 2010, no warranty, but last year i bought service contract from peugeot, so the repair cost me 0.

Отправлено из моего iPad используя Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

My HP pump went at 7100 miles so you did well compared to me.

Luckily it happened on the day I brought it so it cost me nothing to have replaced.

Regards

A

Anonymous

high pressure pump is another story [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Отправлено из моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Bormotyxa said:
high pressure pump is another story [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Could you please elaborate that a bit?

A

Anonymous

you'll have unstable idle and bad acceleration with tears, but not the same as with bad chain - hp pump to replace / (problem appears at 50000-80000km). i'll check the P-code and post it later.

Отправлено из моего iPad используя Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

p0087