What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Fuel Catalyst Pellets

SteMac

Reaction score
Hi,
Hope someone out there can help.

I own a 2015 plate diesel Peugeot RCZ GT with 86k miles on the clock.
At my last MOT it only just passed the emissions test. I therefore plan to administer some Fuel Catalysis pellets
to see if this might clean out the system a bit. The pellets are FTC Catalysts and I have four for my size of engine.
They need to settle at the bottom of the fuel tank to be effective.

What I am trying to find out is how to get these into the fuel tank. The instructions with the pellets said one method
of getting these into the fuel tank would be to add them through the fuel cap filler next time you top up.

What I am trying to find out is would this application method work for my RCZ.? Can anyone advise please.

My worry is that I can't find out if there could be an obstruction somewhere between the fuel cap filler pipe and the
main fuel tank such as a filter or mesh of some kind that would trap the pellets and prevent them reaching the tank
where they need to settle.

Any advice or suggestions would be most welcome.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
If I was you I would be giving it a good run and when car is warmed up for about 10min keep in 4th gear and this will get the cat hot and burn out the soot.... Also I would have the additive Reservoir checked and topped up as it will need topping up or new bag fitting as good for 80,000 to 100,000 miles... I would not be putting any thing in the tank...
I have two Hdi RCZs in my household and one is going to have its cambelt done and additive topped up as similar mileage to yours...
Hope this helps you out
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Karen n Co

Kerr

Reaction score
I don't know what the diesel additives are like, but the Prince engine responds really well to Millers Petrol Ecomax. They sell a diesel version too.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
All the RCZs Hdi have a separate additive tank that needs filling or replacing

Check out for your self... You can buy replacement bags to top up as this is like add blue and automatically adds to the diesel as to keep your emissions down as required..

SteMac

Reaction score
Thank you all,
Your suggestions and advice is really appreciated. I'm having second thoughts now about adding the fuel catalyst pellets.
Would still like to know though if they could have been added through the filler cap into the main tank or if there is something
in the fuel filler pipe that would prevent the pellets reaching the main tank such as a filter or mesh guard etc...

SteMac

Reaction score
Thought I would try this forum to see if I could get an answer to the following question.
Can fuel catalyst pellets be added through the fuel filler cap so they reach the main fuel tank.?
What I don't know, and can't find out, is could there be a filter or mesh of some kind between
the fuel filler cap and the main tank that would trap the pellets preventing them reaching the main
tank if added.? I have an 15 plate RCZ GT Diesel with over 85K on the clock.

TJZ

Reaction score
I don't know what the diesel additives are like, but the Prince engine responds really well to Millers Petrol Ecomax. They sell a diesel version too.
I add 10ml DIPETANE for every litre diesel, when I fill it up. And at least twice a month blast the car on motorway, rev between 2500 to 3000 in 4th gear about 25 mins. That clears soot and any crap in Dpf.✌