What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

frothy coffee

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Thinking about the RCZ being one of a kind, my mind wanders back to a set of wheels we had that was similarly unique.
Just before the millennium changed, we, or I should more correctly say my wife, had a stunning little car, a Suzuki Cappuccino.
It was rare as hen's teeth, which is why we hunted high and low and eventually grabbed a Jap import.
Totally impractical other than for one or two with no luggage; even shopping meant the roof had to be up in fully closed configuration.
That was one of its most endearing features, the roof.
It was in effect in four bits.
Starting in the all enclosed mode it was like a hard top sports.
You could then remove one or two side sections to give a T-bar open top.
Remove the centre section and it was a targa cabriolet.
And pull a lever and the rear screen part dropped down behind rear seats in front of boot for an open sports.
But all these bits cleverly fitted in the boot with nothing to spare other than for a couple of coats and a brolly.
Light ali panels and much plastic meant it weighed in at 700kgs.
The three cylinder turbo 660cc sewing machine revved like a demon and got to 60 in about 8 secs.
The road holding was phenomenal with a perfect weight distribution and rear wheel drive enabling four wheel drifting with ease, and discs all round to stop on a sixpence.
But, I have to admit to it being less than perfect on motorways, especially with patched or corrugated surfaces.
I would use the Capp if my car was in for a service and the M11 from Stansted to Cambridge was not nice and I think my dentist made a few extra bob.
Get on some twisty lanes and what was left of the teeth shone forth and the grin widened.
It must have been the closest thing to a go-kart on the public highway.
It was tiny and was the first car we cleared space in our garage for.
Inside with all the roof up, it was cosy and thanks to having air conditioning, the steaming up in wet weather cleared quite well and in winter was snug as a bug ...
Unfortunately the wife's mother started to go downhill, and a crow bar would have been needed to prise her in and out when she had to be transported, so the Capp had to go. :cry:
Still miss it; it was such a real cutie with so much character for so small a motor. :eusa-think:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Cappuccino

Attachments

• capp.jpg
    capp.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,847
  • cappucino.jpg
    cappucino.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1,847

Plecodoras

Reaction score

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
From the "loads of welding" admission in the ad, it has suffered what many did with poor protection or insufficient coats of primer when made.
Bloody shame, as if they had been well zinc primed, etc. they would have lasted longer, maybe. :cry:
Stunning little motor as a second or third toy.
Silly money if the purchaser has the enthusiasm to bring it back to good state. :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I think I could design a nice little car - can't be that hard if you get the basics right.

The manufacturers are holding back on designs that are just to modern / futuristic for now, and they drip feed us the new technology bit by bit, at the same time being able to charge us bit more , bit more...

Now if someone was to come up with a car that featured all the tech we want now and had the styling cues that we desire, and the price was right - then = success.

I would be inclined to go down the route the DeLorean went with either S/S or pure alloy / carbon fibre.
Make it to last with low production runs, keep the chassis and engines and just change the clothes they wear.
Surefoot winner!!

Wake up Mick..... Wake up !!!! oh was I dreaming !!!!!

:beer: