What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Front wheel alloys

Carlos6a

Reaction score
I had a slow puncture on divers side front wheel , called into tyre deals ship , they said side walls had gone on both front wheels , I said put two reasonable part warns on , they did 80 pound , seven days later leaving work . drivers side tyre flat , pumped up went back to dealer two miles down the road , explained I came in with a slow puncture seven days before and now 80 down have a flat tyre , he explained after taking wheels off there is bubbles , it seems alloy has deteriorated on inside of wheel and needs a heavy duty reseal , I said go ahead , cost now another 15pounds , now 95pound down , seven days later to the day after work passenger side tyre flat , infuriated did not go back to original dealer as would not been constructive due to temper, over next couple of weeks and blowing both tyres up every 4days then to receive a puncture blew tyre up and went to near by tyre dealer , supposed reputable tyre dealer explaining pass experience of the weeks previous , they replaced tyre with a part worn and resealed passenger side tyre so both trees had been resale either side , they threw my Peugeot air caps away , and my nut silver covers x two , said 50 pound , now 145 pound don from 5 weeks before when I stated with a drivers side slow puncture , my car now pulls to the right and two days ago had my both front tyres flat , is it me or do I strangle these two dealer ships . or is it my alloys cracked , tyres not correct size or am I going mad , please advise Carl

Pedro

Reaction score
When Tyres&Alloys begin to leak they usually buff/clean the inside of the rims it may be yours have what is termed as "White Rust" which is a like powdery thin crust that builds up over time usually on galvanized & alloy metals & this will stop the tyre beading properly onto the inner flange to give it an airtight seal

Carlos6a

Reaction score
When Tyres&Alloys begin to leak they usually buff/clean the inside of the rims it may be yours have what is termed as "White Rust" which is a like powdery thin crust that builds up over time usually on galvanized & alloy metals & this will stop the tyre beading properly onto the inner flange to give it an airtight seal
Thanks Pedro , really appreciate advice .

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
In this day and age I would have thought part worn tyres wouldn’t be cost effective?
There are plenty of good quality budget tyres available.