What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Front spoiler

A

Anonymous

Am thinking of another upgrade!?..... Not sure if a lower front spoiler will be the one??.... Maybe need to see some pics??...was wondering if anyone else has already done this??..... What about speed humps? Maybe not such a good idea then?? Ahhhh so may things to condider? :helpme:

A

Anonymous

Me thinks that you are correct in not lowering the front any more than it already is. Allow her to mature a little, get to know her characteristics before you modify her. After all she is barely out of nappies

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
I also have been thinking about a front spoiler as it would look great. In reality though it is a great piece for the track, motorways and those seldom found smooth roads, but with daily driving it would have been ripped off by now ... so me thinks otherwise for now. But with very careful driving avoiding speed humps etc. you can get it to work.

A

Anonymous

Thans Zombie. Think we met you at RCZ Track Day? Went on a Wednesday we pulled together, my Wife & I in our Charcal RCZ.

A

Anonymous

I had bad experiences with front splitters ripping off on me! I once went over a clump of mud on the road and it ripped off? But my old car was really low and I would definitely see about putting one on the rcz!

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Deano2004 said:
Thans Zombie. Think we met you at RCZ Track Day? Went on a Wednesday we pulled together, my Wife & I in our Charcal RCZ.

Yes we did meet at the track day :)

Here's the thing with the front spoiler...if you have no plans whatsoever to lower the car with a different suspension and you do not live in the country, I say put one on but drive more carefully wherever you go. But if you do plan on lowering the car then it will not be good to have one on once you do.

A

Anonymous

I've got the front splitters and personaly i think they finish the lower front end off, i often park next to another white RCZ in my local Tesco that does not have the splitters and from the side they do make all the difference to the look of the front end, i personaly think the lower front end looks a bit unfinished without them, like as if the splitters should be on there in the first place from build.

Not sure how they would look on a different colour, as being polished black they stand out more against a white paint finish.

I also have the black Solstice 19" wheels so i think the whole car looks a bit lower anyway compared to an RCZ on standard rims. Optical illusion i guess.

I have'nt had an issue with speed bumps or low kirbs (yet) so fingers crossed.

A

Anonymous

Had to remove mine. Hit just about every speed bump they have around here so often the were fury plastic! I guess in my area we have extra big speed bumps!!!

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
Had to remove mine. Hit just about every speed bump they have around here so often the were fury plastic! I guess in my area we have extra big speed bumps!!!

Most of the ones in Swansea are totaly pointless, you can drive over them with the "BUMP" going in between the wheels. I find it's the ones in private car parks ect, that cause the problem, as if they are put there without any regulation by a gang of gypsies with a wheelbarrow full of left over tarmac.

A

Anonymous

Where can i get the front spilters from? They do look like a nice touch! Thanks jactac!