What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Front brake pads question...

Ricardo_Z

Reaction score
Just had the annual service on the RCZ and told the pads were 70% worn. Over the last 4+ years of ownership I have averaged about 2000 miles per year and will probably do the same miles in the next 12 months. Could I wait until the next service in Feb 2025 to get new pads or should I replace sooner? I'm not hard on the brakes and just use the car for a small commute and the odd weekend blast. Current mileage is 41k.

Pedro

Reaction score
The brake pads can go down to at least 90% of their thickness if you don't "Drive on the Brakes" just periodically check every 2-3months or buy a brake disc pad thickness gauge tool from Sealey
I changed front & rear at 37.000 & at 54.806 their still only below half the thickness as I only brake after slowing down through the gears

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Why risk your life or the life of other's for the sake of a few quid in the case of an emergency stop you want to be able to stop and not damage your beautiful RCZ....
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀

Kenneth

Reaction score
Just had the annual service on the RCZ and told the pads were 70% worn. Over the last 4+ years of ownership I have averaged about 2000 miles per year and will probably do the same miles in the next 12 months. Could I wait until the next service in Feb 2025 to get new pads or should I replace sooner? I'm not hard on the brakes and just use the car for a small commute and the odd weekend blast. Current mileage is 41k.
Pads aren’t any great expense. Just get them done then you know they are good

lfe

Reaction score
If the discs are worn with very worn pads, it may be that the metal of the pad scratches.
Furthermore, we always tend to look at the exterior pad but they do not usually wear out equally and it may be that the interior pad is still more worn.

Unfortunately the RCZ does not have wear sensors, the pads do not have cables.

Next Wednesday I will change discs and pads myself, total cost €150, all Brembo material at autodoc.eu