What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

From Thailand, need help on my GPS

A

Anonymous

Hello there from Bangkok, Thailand, I recently got my pearl white RCZ GT automatic. The first thing I did was to coat all the windows including the front and back windscreen with UV resistant film for car as you know it's bloody hot in Thailand. And from there I have the problem with my GPS reading. For sure, I can't actually use the GPS here in Thailand with the software from UK, but it's very annoying to have "zone unmapped" show all the time on my driver screen. FYI, the car was ordered and shipped from the UK and the film has 10 layers of metal coated material including 1 layer of gold in order to reflect the UV (it's 98 % heat resistant). The film maker called "v-kool. My question is does anybody knows where on the front windscreen should I make a small hole for the GPS signal (preferred option) or how do I turn the GPS option off so I can have my normal reading on the screen eg. Mile per hour or what so ever.

Many many thanks in advance.
Thai RCZ

A

Anonymous

I'm not looking at the car. But if you press the button that looks as though it is a page of text on it, then that will change the display on the pop up screen. It will then show the details of your Stereo system, Altitude, time etc but not speed as that is in the centre screen. or alternatively press the media button. But the "page" button allows you to flick between the two screen displays.
Sorry no idea with regard to the Sat Nav operation

A

Anonymous

Many thanks, 0058RON,

I got what you mean but the center screen still annoying me with "zone unmapped". It got to be somewhere that I can turn that off. Will keep trying, and thanks again for your suggestion.

A

Anonymous

Why would it say zone unmapped when you are not using the sat nav and have got the screen set for media?

A

Anonymous

Maybe it shows all the problem and stay till somebody got it fixed!!!!