What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Found this on the driveway under my 2011 rcz1.6

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Part of a coil spring. You might need to take a wheel off to see which spring has snapped.

Kerr

Reaction score
It's your coil spring mate,happened to me last year replaced at mot cost about £28 quid 👍

The normal advice is to change both coil springs at the same time. Genuine Peugeot front springs are over £140 each and then you've got labour to add.

Getting a spring fitted for £28 seems too cheap.

Last edited:

Rczwales77

Reaction score
The normal advice is to change both coil springs at the same time. Genuine Peugeot springs are over £140 each and they've you've got labour to add.

Getting a spring fitted for £28 seems too cheap.
The coil itself was £28 but I'm not a 100% on that,but I deal with a very trusted indie mechanic so I pay mates rates,but is a very good mechanic has never let me down,as for changing both I'm not sure,I only got one done and as I said I trust my mechanic as he sorted out my z with badly leaking sump when I got the car,as I couldn't trust the garage I bought the car from,they returned my car with a leak in sump and my mate sorted it out,just find a garage you trust and you'll be fine👍👍

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes 100% coil spring the wife's RCZ had one go on the rear on the way to book her car for it's mot. when driving there was getting a knock on the rear. Asked garage to have a quick look for me and when it was on the ramp was shown the broken spring and was unsafe to drive home they gave me a lift home... The garage I use service all my works vehicle and very trustworthy. I told them to change both rear springs do mot total cost £268 used genuine parts too

Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co