What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Forum Suggestion & Question

hanswuk

Reaction score
Suggestion:

I don't know if I'm alone on this but I like to know where the people on the forum are ie. where in the UK or in which other country. Many of us put that information in our profiles but many do not so how about it those of you who haven't done so?

Question:

I notice that some people publishing photos of their cars on this forum blank out the number plates. Am I being cavalier by thinking there's no point?

A

Anonymous

If you drive a white RCZ and I drive a white RCZ, i can copy your plate and guess who will be getting my speeding fines. Also, if your plates are run on my white car it will come back as a white RCZ. Only when comparing VIN numbers would you be able to distinguish. (edit: this is obviously not only for speeding but for committing any other offense with the vehicle)

RCZ1

Reaction score
Re: Forum Suggestion & Question

Some people don't like to divulge all their personal information on the Internet for obvious reasons. My location is very broad in its description.

With regards to number plates it's very easy for people to come onto the Internet, look for reg numbers in order to clone cars.
I've become very lax with this myself but really for your own security it's better to hide them. Granted its easy for anyone to pick a reg from any car on the road but its also a lot less hassle for someone so inclined, to lie in their bed and find reg numbers on the Net.