What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Footpedals - painted?

VASS

Reaction score
I see my brake pedal is showing signs that its black under the silver

I thought these were pure alloy, apparently they are standard Steel, painted silver :-(

A

Anonymous

They have to save money somewhere ......otherwise, we'd be up in the TT Price Bracket.

I'm not disappointed to be honest, things like this should be expected with a mainstream brand.
Value for Money I was looking for - hopefully this will be realised as the year(s) rolls-on.

Hopefully, they haven't skimped in the tyre or brake areas !!

A

Anonymous

Have checked mine today and mine are definitely all alloy, no question so is this another difference between sports/gt spec cars ? or does it have anything to do with the sports pack option ? As for brakes Peugeot have always had dubious brakes but the tyres are top of the line Conti sports so no issues there.

A

Anonymous

AndyH said:
.......As for brakes Peugeot have always had dubious brakes.......... .

:eek:
The SalesMan must have skipped that bit when he was selling me the car.

What way are they dubious - are you able to expand.

A previous car had "dubious brakes" which meant that given just the right conditions, when you were coming up to to a roundabout and pressed the brake pedal, you had a very, very slow braking action (even if your foot was hard to the floor).
Often resulted in you sticking well out in to the roundabout, while Drivers glared at you as if you were some sort of Boy Racer or Woman Driver.
(Pughy3: You may have had a similar experience ;) )

Thing is, as you were so shocked at not feeling the braking sensation, combined with the feeling of "touching cloth" you just looked like a complete moron sat there, with a wry smile mouthing apologies :wtf:

To add to all that, the car was then recalled in for Warranty Work to replace the brake hose cable thing for a week.
I'll never forget the Service Mechanic explaining to me when he could see the look on my face at leaving the car for a week:

"You will attempt to brake, the brake pedal will sink straight to the floor..... and you will die."

Convinced me :thumbup: I have to say.

Is any of the above what you may have been referring to :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Hi Gorwell
Dubious as in they do not last that long i.e pads and discs are most definitely consumable items along with clutches :!: :!:
Apart from that not too much to worry about :D

A

Anonymous

Ah, that's good to hear.

Never had a clutch go in my entire life. Suppose that's an experience to look forward to one day.
(Please happen on a lovely hot summer's day - and not on a roundabout / traffic lights).
I thought with a Diesel, it would be "bullet proof", although that doesn't seem to be the case.

First ever Diesel and I'm enjoying the mileage range that you get from the Tank.

May be good news on the Painted Pedals if the GTs have the alloy as Standard.
Not a place I've ever thought of looking, although might have a quick squint this weekend.

A

Anonymous

AndyH said:
Hi Gorwell
Dubious as in the do not last that long i.e pads and discs are most definitely consumable items along with clutches :!: :!:
Apart from that not too much to worry about :D

Get an EVO 6 to 9 if you want brake wear! My 8 260 went through pads every 20000m and the Brembo discs warped every 12500 miles needing a skim! It was so noticeable that at the 4th skim they were too thin and I argued that they were a design flaw and they replaced them, £1500 for the front two! I have to say White's are incredible, Much better than the Mitzis. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

There's a thread on another Car Forum where the Owner of a Renault Clio Cup (??) had the Brembo Discs / Brakes.

After what he described as a "spirited run", he left his car on the drive which sloped towards his front door.

After a while, he heard a loud thud and his entire house shook. The Clio was wedged in by the front door.
The discs / brakes had cooled off and even though the handbrake was on, the brakes contracted enough to allow the car to roll down his drive and smash into the front door.

With all this hassle, makes you wonder why people bother with the Brembo make ??

A

Anonymous

AndyH said:
Have checked mine today and mine are definitely all alloy, no question so is this another difference between sports/gt spec cars ? or does it have anything to do with the sports pack option ? As for brakes Peugeot have always had dubious brakes but the tyres are top of the line Conti sports so no issues there.

I thought the tyres were michelin?