What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Flat Spot ?

A

Anonymous

Bit of a strange thing happened this morning, just as I pulled out of a busy junction the car seemed to have a bit of negative response, as if it had a flat spot.
It didnt stall or splutter just a fraction of a moment where it hesitated to respond.
I've never noticed this before, but when I mentioned this to Mrs H she said she had noticed it a few times over the last few months. :?
Now call me old fasioned but I think communication is key to a good marriage. :eusa-whistle:

Any ideas what this hesitation could be :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

It's just a characteristic of the car
It has many don't you know :oops:

A

Anonymous

Mikeyuk said:

Yep just found it in the manual . :eusa-whistle:
"If engine fails to respond at junctions this is just a characteristic of the RCZ and not a fault. To counter balance this, Peugeot have fitted side air bags for your comfort & safety"
:lol:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Mikeyuk said:

Yep just found it in the manual . :eusa-whistle:
"If engine fails to respond at junctions this is just a characteristic of the RCZ and not a fault. To counter balance this, Peugeot have fitted side air bags for your comfort & safety"
:lol:

:text-goodpost:
:lol: :cool: :lol:

A

Anonymous

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine does that too!! I too have "enjoyed" some squeaky bum time moments at junctions. Doesn't fill me with confidence!!

A

Anonymous

Not confined to RCZ's me focus does the same thing occasionally for no reason squeaky bum time foot to the floor and 20 yards at 3 mph :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

I get this every time I hit the throttle. Sitting at idea around 700 to 1k rpm. Gentle apply some gas and it starts to rev (hits about 1500rpm) then stops drops back to 1k rpm and then picks up again. Almost got me hit a few times coming out from junctions..

A

Anonymous

I have notice my RCZ doing this a couple of times , glad I read the post thought it was my driving :roll:

A

Anonymous

I to have had similar experiences which I have commented on in another thread.
Such incidences as you will appreciate where most disconcerting. In my case I ignored it and had almost talked myself into thinking that it was actually a characteristic of the car, however after a few months the engine warning light came on and following diagnosis was informed that the issue was related to the engine timing.
Car was booked in and the whole of the timing system was replaced, (I requested a copy of new parts list). End result was a quieter engine as in less chain rattle, appeared smother and importantly no more hesitant starts from standstill. :|

A

Anonymous

I think I have some video of mine doing it. At one stage it was idling really bad and was flat spotting a lot worse but when it came time to take it in to the dealer it was all good again....

I have the issue even on flat ground. Happenes every time I try to take off from standing still.

A

Anonymous

aint got a flat spot just got a whole engine that feels flat :( :lol: never again will i go below 200 horses even 200 bhp is shite in the rcz :thumbdown: