What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Fitting a single-din satnav??

A

Anonymous

Hello friends

I'd like to know if you think it's possible to fit an aftermarket single-din headunit with satnav. I don't want to remove the original radio because I'd like to keep all the functions and, above all, keep using the integrated bluetooth (I have tried a couple of aftermarket systems and the microphones are far from what I consider acceptable).

So thew thing is that I wonder if it's possible to fit a single din sat nav (this systems with the hidden screen like this one http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product ... -25985.htm ).

Do you think is possible to place it at the socket under the actual radio? and if so, does it means I will only be able to use one of them at a time? and secondly, does it mean that when I'm using the aftermarket sat nav I won't be able to see the orange screen with the time or using bluetooth?

Thanks a lot for your kind help!!

P.S.: If you think is possible to fit a double din headunit keeping all functions (even using the built-in microphones, what I think is not possible) please tell me

Rue1

Reaction score
Welcome Indiana...please see my existing post "Arseys new AV System" some usefull information that may help you. I have done a conversion to a Double Din unit keeping all controls... Not a cheap excercise but the end result is worth the money spent in my opinion

A

Anonymous

Hello Rue1!!

I have seen your post already, and I think you are using the aftermarket bluetooth without the built-in microphones, isn't it? I know sounds weird, but it's important to me considering that I like the built-in microphones quality a lot :)

By the way...love your car!!! :)

Rue1

Reaction score
Thanks Indiana...

yes you are correct that my install has bypassed the original microphones but there is a reason as the standard PUG mics are not compatible with the HU that I installed (according to my wife the sound quality is much better since the change - with the PUG BT mics I sounded as though I was talking underwater but since the change the sound has improved alot). You may find that you may not be able to change HU's and retain the standard PUG mics...good luck with your install, just make sure that you get a reputable company to do the install, its not worth letting just anyone near the PUG wiring