What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

First Impressions

A

Anonymous

Hi, I have been lurking for awhile now and made a couple of posts and thought it time to give a bit of feedback on my experience so far.....

I bought a GT200 in Mercury Grey with the Sortilege Midnight silver wheels. I also had every accessory in the brochure pretty much. This included the Integral leather, Sat nav, JBL, Tow bar, WiFi, Boot mats etc. I also have the vision pack.

I have come from a 2010 998 C4S and an 2009 Audi S3 having decided it was about time to show a bit of social responsibility!

My initial experience so far has been of general delight. The car is a diamond to behold, it turns heads more than the 998 and is a real pleasure to drive. Although not very quick(relatively speaking) and the clutch bite is a bit high but enough to put a smile on your face every time you get in it. I find it wanders a little at the front under hard acceleration but I think it more that I am used to 4 wheel drive rather than front wheel drive.

The level of gadgetry is is truly amazing and leaves the S3 feeling very dated. I went for the JBL audio after listening to two side by side and preferred the depth of sound over standard. But even in standard version it was very impressive. The Sat Nav is intuitive to use and very clear. Thanks to posters on this forum I even managed to get the Speed camera Database installed and working. The 3D mode is very impressive as well. Copy music to the hard drive was a doddle as was mating the iPhone to it. I also use the inbuilt Sim card reader so can switch between using the Bluetooth or the inbuilt phone at the press of a button. Something Porsche never managed to get to work!

I have a few niggles, mostly in the service by the dealership and the quality of the detailing on pick up. It was probably the worst job of cleaning a car for new delivery I have ever seen. It still had storage wax all over out and there was a massive seagull crap that had eaten into the lacquer and had to be power polished out.

Two years ago I would never have walked into a Peugeot dealership yet alone bought a car and I suspect that they are not used to dealing with the sort of personalities that something quite exotic attracts and found it difficult to deal with a customer as demanding as I suspect I am. They did not do a bad job, just not a great one.

So at the moment I am delighted with the car. I will report back from time to time of anyone is interested on how it performs longer term.

A

Anonymous

I believe that all opinions are valued and appreciated. Pleased to hear that you too enjoy the RCZ. It is my first Pug and I love it. Try not to lurke in the corner to much use your voice I believe the members of this forum are always interested in what owners have to say.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Excellent review mr shiney. Interesting your comparisons to the Porsche and your experiences so far. I hope the RCZ continues to give lots more enjoyment. As said above, don't be a lurker, join in :thumbup: