What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

finding ignition 12v accessory connection for Road Angel gem

A

Anonymous

... Thinking of using the new Road Angel 'Gem' and would prefer a 'hard wired' power connection.

Where is the easiest point to connect to Ignition 12v (low current rating) ... ??

A

Anonymous

Re: finding ignition 12v accessory connection for Road Angel

I pulled out my cigarette lighter and clamped into those wires. There are 3 so I called my local dealer and they told me what 2 to use.

A

Anonymous

... thanks for that idea :thumbup: . You can indeed get a power lead to plug in to the socket. (so could could cut off its plug !)

Is the cigarette power 'battery' maintained ... or Ignition switched though ?

I really need the speed camera warner (Road Angel) to be switched off when I shut down the engine if poss :roll:

A

Anonymous

Be careful when cutting a plug off as I did this on a TomTom years ago not realising that the plug dropped the 12v down to 3v so next time I turned the engine on my TomTom went pop.

There are 3 wires one is for always on another is set to on with engine and the third is the brown.

I went to halfords and bought a cigarette extension and hard wired it to the underneath of the existing one and fed the wire through the underneath of the gear stick then up behind the stereo. This was when I had a single stereo and a storage underneath.

A

Anonymous

OK ... I'll check those 3 x leads to see if one is (+) switched off with the engine. Also, the Road Angel takes a full 12v, so that should be fine ! :beer: