What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

finally an 8 year itch gets a good scratch..

A

Anonymous

Hi there Guys!

this is Dev from malaysia...any of you cool cats been here? its a wickidly fun country where anything goes..beautiful people, great food and awesome highways to thrill any heavy footed driver..theres also conveniently controlled singapore being only a 2hour drive down from d capital kuala lumpur where ul simply soak in stunning scenery and dozzens of rustic old towns dotted along the way to pit stop in... well thats a little but bout where im from n i guess ul find out more about me as time goes on:)

okay fr now d exciting stuff!!

Can u imagine wht it must feel like driving a stunning itallian 250hp pocket rocket only to find out that it was lemon? n you had to sell it offn drive a 100hp beat up old PROTON for 7 years after tht....cuz you couldnt find a car that could match the coupe in looks performance AND price???aaahhrrhhh...painful!!! thats what happened to me after having to flog off my Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo in 2002 when i found out it had been totalled by the previous owner...yes i bought it used..:((

i can believe my luck when i chanced upon the newspaper last week to learn that d RCZ willbe launched here this thursday...i had no idea what it looked like only that d price seemed a little steep fr a 1.6cc car...my brother just bought a new 308 and i must say that even though its really nippy it didnt impress me much.....yesterday i decided to google peugeot coupe and ive got to tell you it took me awhile to appreciate the RCZ...my perception of peugeot (im only just getting used to spelling it:) has been poor..from those huge old 405's frm d 70's...honestly id never be caught dead in one let alone part money for one...

so as im staring at my laptop screen soakin up those curves as i read amazing review after review , gentlemen, i could literally feel those old heavy predujiced feelings melt away...i started lusting for this car...i said to myself..this is waht it feels like to be right smack in that very moment when you fall...in love...a moving moment for me... i was thinking...wow this bag of tricks has EVERYTHING ive been looking for that no BMW (cliche), VW (boring), or Audi (expensive...n NOW boring:) dat can finally move me up from my fierce coupe...200HP, STunning Looks (seriously guys the Audi TT SUDDENLY in a lash looked DATED!!)..sexy interior, and MANUAL!! .it think pug should rename its jingle to from "motion and emotion" to "Emotion In Motion" because while being seduced by the RCZ that was what was exacly to my emotions...they were in FULL motion!

so here i am 24 hours later chancing upon your wonderful forum where i await my brother whose picking me up in the next 3 hours to take me to d dealers too put down a deposit for this mean and oh so sexy machine.....n ive not evern seen it in d metal yet!..my bro;s best mate who works for d local pug importer to me to brace myself as it apparantly looks evern more deadly in person..he he:) aaahh..finally....hope to report some good news to all my new friends here at d forum and i really look forward to enjoying your company as we all move forward together enjoying our emotions in motion with this spectacular automobile.

regards,

Dev from sunny...and sweaty so please leave ur duffle coats behind malaysia

A

Anonymous

Hi Dev in sunny and sweaty Malaysia. Welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue: . I'm sitting looking out from work at a dreary grey sky so I do envy you even the sweating :lol: ! Great write-up about your previous experiences and now your lusting after the beauty that is an RCZ and you haven't even seen it in the flesh yet ;) . Boy, are you in for a treat! Photographs simply do not do this beastie a justice. Just wait 'til you run your hands over those curves...emotion in motion is very apt. Now, dig deep and get that deposit paid, you'll have no regrets.

BTW, lots of us 'guys' are actually 'gals' :D .

Lorraine

A

Anonymous

Ha ha i knew there just had to be some gals attracted to those curves too lorraine! ..i cant believe im parting with this much $$$ for a car that ive not even seen!..im just honestly relieved that ive FINALLY found something im attracted to:)

A

Anonymous

Hi Dev. Welcome to the form.

As BangorRCZ says, if you've only seen the RCZ in photos you 'aint seen nothing yet'. It takes on a whole new dimension when you see it for real. Unlike most other cars, the shape and depth of an RCZ can't be fully appreciated from photos alone. It's so 3 dimensional that it looses so much in a photo.

Don't worry about ordering sight unseen - you won't be disappointed. All you need to worry about is what colour to choose. There's plenty of photos in the gallery so dive in and enjoy.

RCZooM

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Dev, Yep, it will definitely be the best decision you ever made :thumbup:

I wish I was hot and sweaty (or rather glowing as we female do ;) ) but alas its cold, wet and very grey here in Britain.

Let us know which colour, etc you decide on and welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys...all this desire for warmer weather sounds like a typical case of d grass being greener on d other side!..he he:)

i remember when i was studying in london when ever it was sunny outside all my english friends would race outside n soak up those warm rays while d malaysians would stay inside looking out the window and say "crazy britts!" ...and when winter came round, we malaysians would run outside in our shorts an slippers to play in d snow n my english friends who were warmly tucked inside would be saying "crazy malaysians!"...lol:)

Okay, so ive put my deposit down at the local dealer last night and now i cant get RCZ out of my mind!...its like meeting someone online falling in love wit their profile n pic n den waiting in anguish for the upcoming date...doesnt help when friends are saying..ooohh just u wait she looks even better in 3d than in pictures..lol!

My bros mate whos in charge of the RCZ program told me only 80 uints hv been brought into Malaysia n most are being snapped up (deposits/bookings taken) eventhough the VIP launch is on Thursday n the public launch on Fri/sat.

Only 2 colours available though...pearl white (dark coloured interior) n grey (light coloured interior)...ive chosen Pearl white...rims are the black 19inch sortilege, even though the black solstice looks a heck of alot more mean:)

Im feeling a little sad though that we wont be getting d sexy pop up display panel...apparently its mostly fr d GPS which is not compatible over here in malaysia...however d importer is including electric seats, jbl hi fi, nappa leather, aesthetic enhancement on d outside (whatever dat means:), smaller diameter steering wheel etc..

A

Anonymous

Hi Dev, Welcome & Congratulations on the choice of your new car - Great wheel and colour combo :clap:
You definitely won't be disappointed, the cars are soooo much nicer in the flesh, it will be a very rare car in Malaysia if only 80 are being initially imported. How long do you have to wait for your car?

I have visited Johor and I couldn't believe how crazy you guys are on football, every street corner seemed to have a TV with football being shown!!!! Great place with good food as you say.

A

Anonymous

Hey Dev, Im from the conveniently controlled Singapore :p haha. My shark grey 156hp RCZ is due for delivery next wed ! Something to note about the pearl white paint, I am not sure if it is due to the tropical weather but the test drive car is already starting to show yellowing of some panels.

I am just curious, what is the list price for the RCZ there (156hp and 200hp version) ? Did u ask for the xenon pack because it is a S$4000 option here yikes.

Sadly the peugeot forum in SG is rather inactive hence I am hanging out here. I hope by year end there will be more of us !

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys!

Isnt it amazing how we all become fast friends when we have something so emotional in common...love it:)

to be honest with you, i dont even know the price of d car...d importer is only announcing it tomorrow at the launch....its a huge risk but like i said ive been looking for a car that really appeals to me and i just couldnt find one ....until i saw d rcz..i literally fell in love with it on screen n i do hope wht all of u r saying will come true for me..that she looks even better in person...its alllivvee::)) he he:)

S$4,000 fr d xenon puck huh! wow pretty pricy fr lights..my friend told me that d xenon package is included in our coars so will find out tom n let u know ya...also they tell me dat d cars are already here n will be in our driveways within 4 weeks

well wat can i say..we're a football crazy nation...u know scotland yard says dat where ever in d world where there is a match fixing racket, there's always at least one malaysian involved! ...place ur bets:)

A

Anonymous

....its confirmed...im in love!!!!

she was was like a queen sitting elegantly on a throne as i soaked her in silently with paparzzi whizzing all around clicking n flashing their cameras like no tomorrow..rcz...absolutely gorgeous!

cant believe d dash is in napa leather ..thats just nusts for this price..leather dashes only come in like porshes n really super high end motors...

loved d short throw manual n the sports steering wwwooo...just could keep my hands of it....what a beauty:)

A

Anonymous

devsonia said:
....its confirmed...im in love!!!!

she was was like a queen sitting elegantly on a throne as i soaked her in silently with paparzzi whizzing all around clicking n flashing their cameras like no tomorrow..rcz...absolutely gorgeous!

cant believe d dash is in napa leather ..thats just nusts for this price..leather dashes only come in like porshes n really super high end motors...

loved d short throw manual n the sports steering wwwooo...just could keep my hands of it....what a beauty:)

Told ya !!! :beer: :dance: :dance: :clap: :lol: :lol: