What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Faulty window mechanism - can take window down, NOT UP

Showview

Reaction score
Hi guys:)
The window mechanism on drivers side(left) can take window down, NOT UP. It tries for millisecond but gives up. Everything else works.

-Changed window mechanism inside door.
-Baught and tried 2 new window motors.
-new window Main window switch/buttons drivers side.
No change.

Someone had this problem and what was the solution? Or some tips what to Try? Thanks:)

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you changed the regulator too? And there is a procedure that was issued to Peugeot dealers in the Netherlands to reset the windows if problems of them not working properly you could try it too.
ECB9B33F-7F22-4639-AA80-6DA848AE90F3.png

LadyV

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Called out the RAC who managed to close the window and advised that I would need a new window motor. to be fitted.

Does anyone have any advice please ?

Pedro

Reaction score
As Neil has stated the motor need powering down (Off) maybe because the BSI has probably picked up the fault & will not initialize the memory sequence to send the window up & full seal when the door closes
You could try a BSI reset but it may need stripping down to follow Peugeot's remedy

Showview

Reaction score
Hi, thanks guys, seems like theres a problem with the window motors left side that I baught second hand. The right one is working perfectly when fitted on the left side.
Now I am wondering what other cars use the same window motor? I'm thinking they'll be cheaper. Hoping for an answer.
Thanks ☺️

Pedro

Reaction score
I think someone posted a similar issue & if my memory serves me rightly they fitted one from 308 purchased from a parts dismantler online apparently their the same spec

Pedro

Reaction score
I wonder if you have a BSI software issue as you changed everything over & still the systems faulty try a BSI reset ?

Showview

Reaction score
No, haven't tried the BSI, but everything works when we connect the right motor, except its pulling the wrong way of course

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you please tell me if the window stays up when you open the door and doesn't drop down a little as it should but if you unplugged the power from the switch then plug it back in again the window drops as normal then when you have left it for a while locked then go to open the door the window stays up and you have to unplug the power then replug it back in the switch works again...... Please let me know if the problem is like this as I have had the same problem with with one of my RCZs..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Showview

Reaction score
*Fixed*
2 years in the making😰
Thanks to you guys ❤️
It was the BSI reset. The shop didnt know about it so they sent me on a wild goosechase to buy a new window motor. Thanks again 🙏

Showview

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Called out the RAC who managed to close the window and advised that I would need a new window motor. to be fitted.

Does anyone have any advice please ?
Mine was fixed with the BSI reset✌️😰 with a new windowhiss and motor.
The peg workshop said the same thing to me so they must not know about the BSI or they just want extra 💰 I don't know:) Had to hire a carexpert myself to fix it after 2 years without window mechanic on driver's side

ChappyOzDude

Reaction score
I carbon fibered some of the interior trim and had to remove the window/mirror mechanism. Now the passenger window won't operate from the drivers side control. It seems that a BSI reset could be the solution. Q: How do I do a BSI reset? What is involved?