What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

faulty back spoiler

A

Anonymous

hi guys,

Has anyone encountered their spoiler at the back malfunctioning?

mine has started to play up...:(

comes up at about 10mph and doesnt go down...the inside button doesnt seem to work as well..

any thoughts on how to get it sorted?

Dev

A

Anonymous

devsonia said:
hi guys,

Has anyone encountered their spoiler at the back malfunctioning?

mine has started to play up...:(

comes up at about 10mph and doesnt go down...the inside button doesnt seem to work as well..

any thoughts on how to get it sorted?

Dev

Take it to the dealer? Or is it stolen.......... :lol:

A

Anonymous

Your title is the answer here.... It is faulty. Return to main dealer. Never heard of anyone else experience this one. Keep us informed as to how you get on though.

A

Anonymous

My car as 700 miles on the clock, I have used
spoiler once and the guessed it, it will not
retract, I have booked it in to be repaired but
the dealer does not know what could be wrong?

A

Anonymous

Firstly I don't actually have my RCZ yet (arrives 9th Sept - can't wait! :dance: ), but I think I have read on this forum that to get the spoiler to retract again you have to press - and hold - the button after you have raised it manually.

Have you tried that?

A

Anonymous

Yes tried that, I have also heard that once you exceed 60mph the thing may reset it's self, so will let you know

A

Anonymous

Guzziwells said:
Yes tried that, I have also heard that once you exceed 60mph the thing may reset it's self, so will let you know

If you raise the spoiler manually then you must send it down again manually. It is not automatic after a manual raising.

A

Anonymous

i wouldnt be brave enough to touch it manually incase i broke it- the problem will surely be able to get fixed under warranty will it not?

A

Anonymous

When I've been cleaning mine I lift up the spoiler to dry it off and have noticed the bolts holding it together have already started to corrode. The small black hexheads have turned White and chalky. Surely stainless should have been used? Won't be long before the heads shear off.

A

Anonymous

LynseyRCZ said:
i wouldnt be brave enough to touch it manually incase i broke it- the problem will surely be able to get fixed under warranty will it not?

By manually I am referring to the button inside that allows you to manually raise and lower the spoiler. If you raise it using this button the only way it will go down again is to do the same thing. I thought I had a problem with mine until I realised I was hitting the button with my arm!! Its a bit of an odd arrangement but is just the same on my Carrera.