What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Fault Code P0A1A

Kerr

Reaction score
The alternator failed and had to be replaced. It was collected and taken to a garage.

On picking up the car the fans kicked in full speed immediately. The fault code showing is P0A1A

The garage is telling me the battery needs replaced.

There isn't much on P0A1A, but it looked directly linked to the alternator and not the battery. It is too much of a coincidence the P0A1A error has only come after they fitted the alternator.

Kerr

Reaction score
The battery was replaced and made zero difference. The alternator was changed and it didn't solve the issues either.

The garage has checked with Bosch and the battery manufacturer and they say the parts used are 100% correct.

Anyone any ideas?

Flanners

Reaction score
Read a post with someone who had issues with their new alternator it would not 'work' with their RCZ kept getting that code, looked at price of OE supplied on Peugeot Parts Direct £600 odd quid, not sure if Hitachi (post said a Hitachi one solved their issue?) or Mitsubishi are OE supplier.....tried a BSI reset?

Found this from a Peugeot forum

Fault Code:P0A1A
Description of Fault:Signal from the piloted alternator (BSS line): Value received incorrect. The following conditions have to be met:
- Engine management ECU in main triggering phase
- Communication with alternator valid

Possibility 1
Detection of a loss of communication on the line BSS (No synchronisation on the line) : The time of appearance of the fault code is 0,05s
Possibility 2
The communication manager BSS is in timeout: The time of appearance of the fault code is 0,05s
Conditions for Fault to clear:Communication with the piloted alternator in conformity : For at least 0,05 s
Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active:
Symptoms:Unstable idling, Idle speed too high
Suspect Areas:Electrical harness, Alternator

Last edited:

lfe

Reaction score
The wiring should be carefully checked, especially the one that reaches the alternator.

Unfortunately, some garages currently go straight to changing parts instead of seriously analyzing the problems.

Pedro

Reaction score
Modern good battery testers have capabilities to detect the amperages- power supply or load drop off & Charging issues at the push of a button I bought one & it will immediately throw up any fault from the battery- starter motor & Alternator etc

Kerr

Reaction score
The garage got the auto electrician to check the car. They found the alternator supplied and said by Bosch to be the correct part was at fault.

The garage can't get a genuine alternator as they are on back order.

Has anyone any idea what the correct alternator is for the R and who has them in stock?

Kerr

Reaction score
Could you just not get the old one reconditioning?

I'm not sure where or how long that would take.

Fish Brother estimate six weeks for a new one and they are expensive.

Pedro

Reaction score
Napa Alternators are selling on ebay & listed as rated for the R June 2013-15 Reg engine size 199KW 270HP 5FG £284 reduced from £445.74

Flanners

Reaction score
The garage got the auto electrician to check the car. They found the alternator supplied and said by Bosch to be the correct part was at fault.

The garage can't get a genuine alternator as they are on back order.

Has anyone any idea what the correct alternator is for the R and who has them in stock?
Goes along with my post and the one I found when searching that the RCZ will only work with certain makes/OE......which is a new one on me.

able to source the mitsubishi one? is this the one you have? .PEUGEOT RCZ 1.6 THP 156 200 270 NEW OE ALTERNATOR

Kerr

Reaction score
Napa Alternators are selling on ebay & listed as rated for the R June 2013-15 Reg engine size 199KW 270HP 5FG £284 reduced from £445.74

I found the advert. It says in the advert not compatible with Bosch. It's a Bosch one that has come off my car.

Pedro

Reaction score
Yeah its an odd one why they stipulate you need like for like replacements when an OEM unit is rated for the size of Engine