What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Failure to start

RCZAuto

Reaction score
Following some a very cold nights in the UK and a couple days of non use, my RCZ failed to start this morning. Engine seemed to turn but not engage. Tried a couple more times with same effect. Left it for a bit then let it turn for longer when it finally caught and just about started. Once up and running, had no issues with timing, idling, accelerating, restart etc.

The long life plugs were not changed at last service (jul20) as deemed ok at the time.

Thoughts on possible causes?

Pedro

Reaction score
1st Check voltage & charge the Battery cold weather is the stuff to sort out a failing battery

Nemi

Reaction score
When I had problems starting my RCZ it was due to failing HPFP :rolleyes:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
The technical term is FTP - Failure to proceed.

Is the battery on its last legs? Cold weather will quickly find a duff battery out.

RCZAuto

Reaction score
Thanks for comments and apols for slow response. Battery is not new and possibly in need of change or charge but...in this case battery was effective. Startup just wasn’t biting. Tbh, hasn’t happened since so putting it down to cold cables as a one off.