What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Facelift DRL's and Sidelights

A

Anonymous

Looking for a bit of help - not sure if this has been covered before

On the facelift model - mine is a 2014 HDi Sport - the LED DRL's take over the role of sidelights so the sidelight / DRL bulbs in the headlight unit do not do anything despite the wiring and the bulbs being there.Has anyone wired these in to enable a secondary set of DRL's using LED bulbs within the main headlamp unit.Just seems crazy to have bulbs doing nothing in the cluster when you could make a feature of them in tandem with your low level DRl's/sidelights

Any previous attempts or advice ???

Wiring diagram - piccies of results would be much appreciated if this has been done

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I'm not sure that the sidelights do nothing? On the lighting stalk you have 0, then auto, then sidelights, then dip beam. :eusa-think:

tianorth

Reaction score
If you go in to the menus and turn off the DRL's, then put your side lights on will these then work?

I've not done this, but remembered that there is an option to switch of the DRL's.

Let us know what happens.

A

Anonymous

Hi

The sidelights definitely do nothing.Obviously the light controls are on the stalk and no matter what you do the sidelights don't work.Similarly if you go to the car's lighting settings in the set up menu and switch off the DRL's it makes no difference whatsoever

This is why I was wondering if anyone had retired the sidelight in the headlamp unit to work again

2retro

Reaction score
Smithyupnorth said:
Hi

The sidelights definitely do nothing.Obviously the light controls are on the stalk and no matter what you do the sidelights don't work.Similarly if you go to the car's lighting settings in the set up menu and switch off the DRL's it makes no difference whatsoever

This is why I was wondering if anyone had retired the sidelight in the headlamp unit to work again
Surely that can't be right? I thought to pass an MOT if a light is present on a car then it had to work?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If I select the sidelight setting on the stalk, I get, er, sidelights :eusa-think:

I think I have seen the setting in the menus for the DRL's but I haven't messed with it, and they are definitely in all the time, dimmed when the auto light come on.

Maybe there is a fuse out or something on yours?

A

Anonymous

Hi

Have actually checked with 2 other facelift RCZ's at Peugeot garages.When you switch to sidelights the DRL's dim and rear sides come on but the sidelight in the main headlight cluster does not work.Even if you switch off DRL's through the menu it makes no difference at all !!.There can't be three cars of the same type with the same fault

A

Anonymous

Mmmm interesting.Have checked other Peugeot forums and in particular the previous model 308 with similar headlights to RCZ.Owners have been advised that the low level DRL's have taken over from the sidelight in the main cluster so even though the bulb and wiring are there they are not connected back to the wiring loom.Just passed MOT with lights as they are but like 2retro it seems crazy to me.I thought if a light was present it had to work.So, back to the original question - anybody solved this ???

tianorth

Reaction score
I would imagine that the headlights are common to a other vehicles ie 308 etc, the wiring loom would also be a standard loom, so no point removing the wires as this takes time then the parts have to be re-idented (all costs £'s), might as well leave as is and stow the extra wires safety.

To make these wires safe, connect to bulb connectors.

The BSI computer will sort out which lights, which sensors, work etc.

2retro

Reaction score
Checked mine this morning whilst waiting for it to defrost and can confirm, same as Smithyupnorth - no sidelights working in light cluster no matter what you do.

Mine passed it's first MOT last year too so obviously as long as some sort of light comes on when you select the sidelights option (in this case the DRL's) then that's good enough for them!

DKZ must just have a special one...!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Nope, I have exactly the same as everyone else. I had only ever tried from inside the car, and as I got a dull glow on the garage door, I just assumed I had sidelights, no reason to think anything else.

So, went out & had a look from the front after selecting sidelights, nothing showing in the headlamp cluster. My bad. :oops:

How strange............ but it has just passed its first MOT (albeit at my PUG dealership) so it must be OK. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys - at least now know I'm not a blithering idiot - just need to work a bit of magic to see if I can get illumination!