What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Exterior Lighting

A

Anonymous

Hi guys. had my RCZ for over a month now and loving it. Still kinda hard to get used to the high clutch from standing but that's a small price to pay.

Now the lighting needs an upgrade as the yellowish tint is not doing it for me. I bought a load of 501 bulbs for the exterior. The two I bought for the number plate were normal sized 501s and the first one went in nice and bright but when I put the second one in they both went dim and they haven't gone brighter since. Any ideas on that?

Also when I went to change the other bulbs like the boot and the courtesy lights (By the way I'm a complete novice) the bulbs were too hot to touch! At least long enough to remove them, so do I need to disconnect the battery to change these? I had a go but there's far too much under that hood than my previous car so I got a little worried lol.

The other bulbs I bought were 501s but with 13 leds so they're really long. Will they fit in the slot for the existing bulbs? I'd also like to use those bulbs for the sidelights, would that be possible? And how tricky is it to do?

I'd love to change the DRLs too as they're a horrible yellow but when I searched on here people were talking of 308/92s which have since been discontinued so what lights would be suitable for that? And how hard are they to get to/change? Where even are they :?

Haha sorry it was long any help appreciated

tianorth

Reaction score
(By the way I'm a complete novice) the bulbs were too hot to touch!

Pull the light housing out and Un plug the lead, let light cool down, replace bulb, re connect power connector, clip light housing back in place.

Sanity

Reaction score
Try pm RCZPERFORMANCE and see if he has some leds left or if he can point you in the right direction.
I bought all my interior/exterior leds from him and they work great :)

A

Anonymous

I was going to disconnect the lights but I didn't want to do that before asking here just in case. Thanks, I'll do that asap.

Bit of an update on the Reg Plate lights too. I got somebody to turn the lights from off all the way to main beam. At the turning on of the side lights and main lights the LEDs flickered to the exact brightness I wanted and was expecting. So the lights aren't dodgy, does anybody know what could be causing that?