What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Exhaust smoke

Potnoodle

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently had my Diesel RCZ in at our local independent the garage for a rear parking sensor replacing. When I collected the car later that day the mechanic pointed out that it was unusual to see black sooty deposits around the exhaust trim, as the DPF should scrub the gases before they leave the exhaust. The car does smoke.

I bought the car from Evans Halshaws earlier this year and around a month after I purchased the car It had to back in for a DPF warning light problem. When I collected the car I was told that they had cleaned the filter and that I should have no further problems.

Now, although the warning light remains off I am just a little concerned that they may have solved the blocked DPF problem by perhaps removing the filter guts thus allowing exhaust gases to move freely down and out of the exhaust, resulting in the black sooty deposits around exhaust trim pointed out by my local mechanic.

Should I be concerned or am I making mountains out o molehills?

Cars in for MOT this friday so I'm going to find out.

Pedro

Reaction score
If they tampered with the DPF then it will fail on emissions & its against the law to run a diesel car without one! Its plausible they used a fuel additive (Quick fix) to partially clear any backed up soot in the filter & the deposits on the exhaust tips are what's been blown out afterwards only time will tell wait until the mot test