What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Exhaust cut out.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Looking at all the various exhausts it says that a cut out is necessary on the HDI.
For all you people that have the quad exhaust, what did you do to make the cut ect? Did you just measure the recess already there and copy it on the other side?

Also, does that mean the petrol models already have the cut out?

And last question, how does the rear valance thing come off?

When I get my exhaust, ill have my mechanic friend to fit it, but he wasnt very confident cutting the valance, so I was thinking of doing that myself.

A

Anonymous

The original Feline kit came with a template. I'm certain that all RCZ's would need the valance to be cut. This was done on mine with a hack saw. Not sure how to or how easy it is to remove the valance. However once cut and exhaust fitted the cut is only visible by looking beneath the car and so is not too imperative that it looks perfect.

A

Anonymous

There are the full fitting instructions which come with the Zunsport quad exhaust on the thread titled 'Instructions to fit a peugeot quad exhaust'.

There is a link to a document you can print off, along with the template for cutting the rear valance. I understand this comes off pretty easily.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Thanks guys, a template is perfect :D Ill have a look. Im almost certain I wont get a template with mine, as its a custom made one from an exhaust place.

Im hoping the valance is just clips that pull off :S

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
Im hoping the valance is just clips that pull off :S

Think it is - check that guide as it should clarify. Xzibit, another member, kindly uploaded for everyone.

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:

Should hopefully be an easy job :)

For your mechanic, probably. Would have been a disaster if I'd have tried it :lol:

A

Anonymous

It's easy. Takes ten mins but be sure to do it right first time ;)

Sent from my Xperia Z1