What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

EVO magazine - tyre test 2012

A

Anonymous

Was just handed a copy of February's issue of Evo magazine by my brother and I stumbled over an article detailing their 2012 tyre testing. I have tried to find the article online but nothing has come up as of yet.

However just a quick summary. The tyres tested were as follows,

1) Michelin pilot sport 3
2) Continental Contisport contact 3 (Of most interest to me!)
3) Kumho ecsta KU39 Le sport
4) Dunlop SP sport maxx gt
5) Goodyear eagle f1 assymetric 2
6) Bridgestone Potenza s001
7) Hankook ventus S1 evo
8) Vredestein ultrac cento
9) Pirelli P zero
10) Accelera phi

All tyres were tested in the same size (235/40 R18). None were tested on an RCZ sadly :cry:

I'm too lazy to go ahead and type up all the results for all the tests but suffice to say, the continental came out top in the wet handling tests, 4th in the aquaplaning test, top in the wet braking test, 4th in the dry braking test, 8th in the rolling resistance test (seems the cheaper tyres win out here), within the top 4 throughout the dry handling tests and 5th in the road handling test.

Overall the continental was rated as the top tyre with the hankook coming in second and the goodyear in 3rd. :dance:

This made me happy to have 4 of the continentals sitting on the alloys outside :beer: