What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Error Code P0054 - Motor Repair / Service warning

stig rotax

Reaction score
I had a warning pop up while I was just driving a meagre 110km/h, so nursed it home and then spent some time this week solving the issue.
First - find the OBD2 socket … was easy ..remove the ashtray (never been used) and then carefully lift out the rubber base under the ashtray.
Next OBD2 reader ..connecting the D plug, was not easy and patient waggling of the plug ..slowly had the plug slip onto the socket.
The magic reader told me error P1054 had been registered. The handheld machine actually told me what it meant as well, Heater Resistor Bank 1 Sensor 2. What on earth does that mean?!!
Searching through here in the forum didn‘t give me too much joy but I worked it out in the end. The catalyser has 2 sensors which rely on extreme heat to be able to work. One is before the Cat and the other after. This is the Heat resistor part!
Both of them have connectors supported on small frames and they do get residue on the connectors and the connections themselves get oxidised. The short story is, trace the lower Cat sensor to the connector, carefully take the connector apart and check it. Electronic cleaning spray can be used on it and don‘t forget the sealant!
Using the magic device, I cleared the error message and it seems to have worked. I shall try it out tomorrow when I go over to my tame Workshop to borrow two suspension spring/coil presses. Yep, a coil has snapped so I have do do them too. That‚s another story and maybe another procedure.

Cheers
Stig

ps. if you would like a procedure with photos, let me know