What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Erratic Temperature Gauge

boatdriver

Reaction score
Around town driving the temperature gauge rises to normal operating temperature, as soon as I go onto a dual carriageway and accelerate up to 60-65 mph, the needle on the temperature gauge drops to zero and then rises to slowly when I reduce speed down to town driving speeds. sometimes, it doesn't work at all.
When up to normal temperature and I switch the heating blower on, the blower operates for about 10-15 seconds and stops and no matter what setting I put on the ventilation system, the blower refuses to work. I know the AC could probably due with a recharge. The heater doesn't appear to be working as well.

I would be grateful for any thoughts on the above.

Pedro

Reaction score
Might be coolant temp sensor they are a known problematic generic fault unfortunately & or Air con as you pointed out

Pedro

Reaction score
Around town driving the temperature gauge rises to normal operating temperature, as soon as I go onto a dual carriageway and accelerate up to 60-65 mph, the needle on the temperature gauge drops to zero and then rises to slowly when I reduce speed down to town driving speeds. sometimes, it doesn't work at all.
When up to normal temperature and I switch the heating blower on, the blower operates for about 10-15 seconds and stops and no matter what setting I put on the ventilation system, the blower refuses to work. I know the AC could probably due with a recharge. The heater doesn't appear to be working as well.

Check for "load reduction mode" when the car is moving this function can temporarily deactivate certain functions such as Air con heated rear screen etc the deactivated functions are reactivated automatically once conditions permit (maybe full battery charge) ?

boatdriver

Reaction score
I think the fully charged battery theory is correct. On Sunday I took the car for a run down the coast road, stopped for a coffee and then turned for home. The AC kicked into life as did the heating and fan blower. The temperature gauge burst into life as well but didn't last long. I will order a new sensor from ebay and fit if I can discover where the sensor on the engine is. AC checked yesterday and was slightly over pressured, now working.
The battery was new a couple of months ago and I've done a few longish runs down the motorway and thought this would have fully charged the battery, maybe not.
By the way, how do I check for 'Load reduction Mode'?

Pedro

Reaction score
I think the fully charged battery theory is correct. On Sunday I took the car for a run down the coast road, stopped for a coffee and then turned for home. The AC kicked into life as did the heating and fan blower. The temperature gauge burst into life as well but didn't last long. I will order a new sensor from ebay and fit if I can discover where the sensor on the engine is. AC checked yesterday and was slightly over pressured, now working.
The battery was new a couple of months ago and I've done a few longish runs down the motorway and thought this would have fully charged the battery, maybe not.
By the way, how do I check for 'Load reduction Mode'?
"Load reduction Mode " I believe is configured into the software of the ECU & runs in conjunction with the " Economy mode " setting of which you cannot wipe these functions from the ECU or BSI module systems primarily they were installed to save battery power which is needed for the ECU & ancillaries to keep the memory data safe ( although a gunslinger did try & offer to clear mine once until I read him the Peugeot Bible of factual reality ) so he never got a dime for all his bullshit 😁