What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

JoshPurchase

Reaction score
Hi guys!

New owner of a 2012 RCZ GT 2.0HDI. Most days the car starts perfectly, but twice in the space of a week, I've started the car only for it to die and turn off instantly. I then turn the car over and it won't start, then after two attempts it usually fires up perfectly. Has happened the exact way both times I've had starting issues. Ignition works and car has power, its just struggling turning over.

I don't have much knowledge on this engine but I assume something like a crank or cam sensor? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Josh

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
One of my 407s did something like that. It would sometimes start fine, other times start, run for 5 seconds and then stop.
It was the starter motor.

Could be something to check.

JoshPurchase

Reaction score
One of my 407s did something like that. It would sometimes start fine, other times start, run for 5 seconds and then stop
It was the starter motor.

Could be something to check.
Thank you. Would an OBD reader find something like this, or is it something I'd have to nose at myself?

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably nothing less than Diagbox/PP2k. Unless modern generic obd stuff is better than the ones I've used in the past.
I didn't have Diagbox when I had starter motor problems, so didn't have it on hand to play with.

Last edited:

JoshPurchase

Reaction score
Update: OBD reader flagged this code. I reset it too see if it came back but nothing as yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211005_111335_com.prizmos.carista.jpg
    Screenshot_20211005_111335_com.prizmos.carista.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 11

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score

Ged5

Reaction score

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score