What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine problems?

A

Anonymous

Hi there,

I've searched a bit about this subject, and I've heard that our engines had some factory problems.

My engine's version is 1.6 THP 156hp and isn't used that much. In fact, it only ran for about 6000 miles for 4 years.
It's the pre-facelift model from 2010. Now that warranty as run out, my question is if do I need to be worried about some problems with this engines?

I've heard, for example, about some chaintime problems, head cracking/failure, etc. Not that my car has shown any problems, hopefully, but do I have reasons to be worried? As I don't know if it had been released some recall from Peugeot, as they seem to be common faults...

I appreciate any info from you guys.
Regards

A

Anonymous

I beg of you, get an extended warranty. If my 2010 RCZ is anything to go by, you'll need it!

A

Anonymous

Definitely extend your warranty. Mines been a nightmare and without the warranty it would have cost me over £3000 and that's on a car with only 20,000 on the clock

A

Anonymous

What does an extended warranty cost? And at what point do you purchase?

A

Anonymous

Bryanf said:
What does an extended warranty cost? And at what point do you purchase?

I was quoted £269.90 or £299.80 including 12 month assistance for my HDi. This offer came through the post from Peugeot when my car was 2years and 9month old in readiness for the warranty running out after three years. Jactac was quoted a slightly lower price for his petrol variant

A

Anonymous

My car has completed 4 years now.
I guess it's not possible to extend it...

A

Anonymous

Gedget said:
My car has completed 4 years now.
I guess it's not possible to extend it...

Not true. However I believe that you need to have your car inspected by a Peugeot dealership and for them to confirm it's condition. I know for a fact that this is true but not aware of all of the details. The extended warranty is offered by a third party through Peugeot and not by Peugeot

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

It's not possible to extend a Peugeot warranty unless done prior to the original 3 year one ending. I tried, and spoke to Peugeot directly and they have confirmed this is not available.
A bit unfair, especially (in my case) as the original supplying main dealer serviced the car for the first 3 years too (and then I purchased from a local garage after this time).
Have to make do with WarrantyWise I guess...

Stu