What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine Oil Pressure fault - warning light - car has just been serviced

mat gloss

Reaction score
Hi has anyone had this fault and how do I sort it? Thank You - I had the car delivered 2 days ago and was fully serviced with an oil change. I have just drove it for about 60 to 70 miles and just before I got home this warning came on. the car is a 2015, with FSH and 34000 miles.

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
If the light doesn't go out it may be loose wiring plug or wiring fault also the oil pressure sensor may have picked up dirt or has failed completely so check the connections & if they are OK change the sensor

thornebt

Reaction score
The obvious thing might be that they did not put enough oil in when they serviced it. Have you checked the dipstick? Cheers. Bruce.

Ian J.

Reaction score
The obvious thing might be that they did not put enough oil in when they serviced it. Have you checked the dipstick? Cheers. Bruce.
[/QUOTE
]Or worse still they didn't actually service it just put a stamp in the book , ill bet that wouldn't be the first time that had happened.
Did you buy it from a reputable dealer, you shouldn't have an issue getting them to pay for any repairs as you've had it less than two weeks even if you haven't got a full warranty.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
If it's literally straight out off the forecourt don't touch it. Call them. get them to send a truck to pick it up.
If there is a problem with the lubrication system you will kill it by driving it.

And we all know the wind only has to be coming from the wrong direction for the petrol to need its timing gear changing.

Pedro

Reaction score
Yes a very good point that although if its oil pressure related how has he gone for 60+ plus klm without blowing the Engine ? It may even be the Oil level sensor that's at Fault so the ECU thinks it has low Engine oil thus it would surely immediately throw a "stop" warning although its not mentioned in the post

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes a very good point that although if its oil pressure related how has he gone for 60+ plus klm without blowing the Engine ? It may even be the Oil level sensor that's at Fault so the ECU thinks it has low Engine oil thus it would surely immediately throw a "stop" warning although its not mentioned in the post

There's probably nothing wrong with the engine side of things, but if I'd just bought something and 2 days later it started misbehaving it would be going back to be fixed.

stig rotax

Reaction score
Yep, I agree with taking it back. The workshop boys have missed something. The mechanic who did the work will have to backtrack all his stuff or the Meister should check it over.

cheers