What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine Lubricant?

A

Anonymous

What engine Lubricant you use for your RCZ?

In the booklet, it mentioned TOTAL lubricant for RCZ, but my local dealer uses only Petronas lubricant. I wonder if I should go find another dealer that uses TOTAL lubricant, or it doesn't matter?

A

Anonymous

By lubricant do you refer to oil? If so...... I use what is stated in the book and that was specifically designed for our car. Total Quartz INEO ECS and I don't believe any Peugeot dealer should be putting anything other than this in an RCZ

A

Anonymous

I had a 20000 mile service on Monday, and they replaced the oil. I told them the end was missing off the dip stick when I booked it in. I got the car back after a free service and new free discs but when driving the next day it went into limp mode and the ASR/ESP engine fault light - repair needed came on. After investigation it turns out the idiot servicing it had put 2.5l too much oil in and that had tripped a sensor when in went around a corner.

A

Anonymous

Yes, is oil.

The dealer is an official Peugeot distributor in Malaysia. I still prefer to go to them for servicing...but they only have Petronas oil...

A

Anonymous

i have a HDI engine
Am i right in saying that the petrol and diesel engines take the same specification oil (total quartz ineo ecs).
I always thought that petrol and diesel engings have different oils

A

Anonymous

Where are you located? AFAIK, KL Volcare Service Centre in Ampang, Selangor uses Total lubricants..

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
ashy said:
i have a HDI engine
Am i right in saying that the petrol and diesel engines take the same specification oil (total quartz ineo ecs).
I always thought that petrol and diesel engings have different oils

Petrol and diesel oils are normally different. For the HDi there are other additives special for the FAP.